PDA

View Full Version : Ok.. I am going to set up a "remake" of the "original survival" game.

Lohman446
03-11-2010, 10:44 AM
No, it doesn't exist yet. Well, not yet .

What I want to do:

I want to "recreate" the original paintball survival game, and then play it. This thread is for discussion and getting players together, a place and a date set. Everything is up for discussion. I would love to peg down a location and work from there.

Location: none yet. I would like to find on that is as accomadating to as many players as possible.
Options
My place: I own and live on 40 acres of mixed farmland in Rothbury, MI. At least 20-30 acres of this is going to be playable and possibly all. The goods: its got a lot of ravines, a lot of trees, and a few more open areas. Its not regularly played on and I could easily enough mark the boundaries. None of the neighbors would have an issue and there is no danger of people "wandering" onto it. It has a creek that would give some interesting "crossing" scenarios. The bad: Its in Rothbury MI - not very centralized

Any field that would be suitable to host us and willing

Bunkers and Banners would work as a fairly central location though I have not talked to Jim. We could do this as part of more of a day of play.

When: open to discussion. Saturday or Sunday (both if wanted) I am thinking July or August.

Rules as I see them:
Highly limited paint set-up. To keep things fully mobile think CO2 (twelve grams preferred). I would prefer pump only. I think going to Nelspots would be too expensive and too restricting.

Multiple "flag" locations: Everyone will be given a map with flag stations marked out. The goal is to obtain one flag (or marking, or whatever) from each station and then make it to the final "goal" without being eliminated. Winner is first person back to the goal or last person left.

It has been suggested to put X amounts of round for each player in bases or in the flag stations to allow "rearming". I don't see a problem with this.

As always everything is up for discussion

om3n
03-11-2010, 10:59 AM
**EDIT**

Nevermind... :(

If it's pump only, I don't think my friends could make it.

Lohman446
03-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Everything is up for discussion. I'll live without pump only - heavily limited paint could make it meaningless.

kcombs9
03-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Cool Idea. I think if it was limited paint you wouldn't need to make it pump only (limit of say 20-30 rounds? depending on participation and 5-10 round at flag points) Co2 only would leave a lot of people out cause I only have my Emag with Xvalve. I don't see the point of Co2 only either.

If its close by to IL I might talk the wife into letting me go :D

Lohman446
03-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Location would matter, if we find a spot to do it that has air then it really doesn't matter. If you want to take the risk of not having air. I have several pump markers available to use as well :)

om3n
03-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Cool Idea. I think if it was limited paint you wouldn't need to make it pump only (limit of say 20-30 rounds? depending on participation and 5-10 round at flag points) Co2 only would leave a lot of people out cause I only have my Emag with Xvalve. I don't see the point of Co2 only either.

If its close by to IL I might talk the wife into letting me go :D

Agreed- I only have my x-mag with x-valve right now, except I do have a 10 shot co2 pistol as well that' I'd probably use for this. If you did make it limited paint and had it somewhere nearby in MI and allowed all kinds of guns, then I could probably still get a few guys to come.

MANN
03-11-2010, 12:42 PM
I would not restrict markers at all. if you want to use your wizbang marker that shoots 60 bps then fine. The downside is you only have 10 rounds. You better make them count.

I would also not allow first strike rounds.

snoopay700
03-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Depending on where and when i might be up for it, and i have a stock class phantom so that could be fun. If you want to recreate the first game doesn't someone have to win without shooting a shot though?

Seriously though, are you just thinking the basic idea behind the original game being redone, because that could be a lot of fun with multiple flags and all.

Lohman446
03-11-2010, 02:19 PM
I am just thinking the basic original concept. I had thought about buying Nelsplats for this but decided that was going too far

Good call on the restriction away from first strikes Mann

Flatliner333
03-11-2010, 02:31 PM
If I didnt live so far away (Texas) it would be fun to break out my Splatmaster this sounds cool.

sjrtk
03-11-2010, 07:20 PM
I am just thinking the basic original concept. I had thought about buying Nelsplats for this but decided that was going too far

Good call on the restriction away from first strikes Mann

Well How many folks still have PGPs laying around.

Sumthinwicked
03-11-2010, 08:07 PM
theyre only 110 to buy one....

Lohman446
03-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Where can I buy PGPs at this point?

XM15
03-11-2010, 10:15 PM
I will never sell my PGP. I still play in big games with it. If this is close enough we might make it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3aYJCyRfwA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBVL-CT8P0w

ProblemKinder
03-12-2010, 12:54 AM
this sounds fun. although 7 hour drive probably won't happen. i'll watch this thread tho and see where it is maybe I'll join.

chafnerjr
03-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Well How many folks still have PGPs laying around.
Not I... but I do have two different splat masters!

esperto96
03-12-2010, 10:55 AM
I've got a PGP and think it would be fun. Unfortunately, I live out in Utah and with the wife pregnant, don't have a big (aka any) travel budget this year.