PDA

View Full Version : intellifeed protocall?

02-06-2002, 03:43 PM
anyone have a link to the intellifeed protocall? or can confirm my thoughts (need for a little project i am working on).

i know that it can be activated by shorting the two wires together.

what i think is going on. using one of the wires as a reference (floating ground) when the other wire is shorted with it (the other wire would have a different voltage state, and is a weak current source). when the two are shorted, you effectivly bring the wire of the different voltage state to the potential of the floating ground. which can be measured on the loader end and can be used to activate the loader.

or is it simpilly a matter of allowing the current to activate the loader to flow through the wires?

02-08-2002, 02:51 PM
i just found plans to make a revvy intellifeed compliant.

i will work it backwards and let you guys know the specs.

CRySyS
02-09-2002, 08:50 PM
The is no set protocol for intellifeed. On the Angel it is simply a power and ground wire hooked to the motor in the revy. A 5v pulse is sent for 2 seconds whenever the board expriences anything over 5bps or so. That means you have to shoot twice to get the paddle spinning. Of course, 5v only spins the paddle so fast. In other configs, the closed trigger switch can be used to jump start the hopper so to speak. The closed circuit applies voltage to the signal pin of a solid state switch. Which closes the circuit between the motor and batteries in the hopper. The downside here is you only get a very short burst from the paddle everytime the trigger is pulled. Most desirable would be a circuit or software implementation where an immediate signal from the trigger allows a signal of set time to turn the hopper on through the FET. Downside here is that you may be spinning the paddle longer than needed wasting batteries and possibly breaking paint. Honestly I don't see how an intelifeed system can be better than an eye in the hopper itself, or a hopper that can utilize a breech eye.