PDA

View Full Version : News about fiber wrapped tanks

ThePatriot
02-06-2002, 04:07 PM
Ok, i just heard this from the owner of my local paintball shop....do not take it as truth, but it is an Army Navy Paintball store. The owner said that they have to stop fiber wrapped tank production because the army needs it for something, i do not know if this is true, but i would like to see if anyone has heard anything like this?

Ilya
02-06-2002, 04:10 PM
2 Words - 'Heyl No.

Your store owner obviously has no idea what he's talking about. The army CANNOT and WILL not take ALL the fiber-wrapped tanks in production.

MantisMag
02-06-2002, 04:40 PM
is he saying that they're doing something like WWII when the government had all the car factories start making tanks and stuff? i wonder what they could possibly be asking for to close down all fiber wrapped tank production. your guy probably has it wrong. maybe they converted a few factories and he misconstrued that as being all of them.

liigod
02-06-2002, 04:55 PM
::rolls eyes::

ThePatriot
02-06-2002, 04:57 PM
he said they needed the fiber wrapping itself, not tanks....but i dont know if its true, probably not...

FaSSt
02-06-2002, 05:30 PM
I did not know that the Army's tanks will be fiber wrapped!

Do you think that special coverings, like NitroDuck's TuffSkin will be used only on MBTs (Main Battle Tanks)? Will Bradleys be wrapped too? (They are a pseudo-tank.)

Will M1s have to by hydro-tested every 3 years or 5? Who has hydro-test facilities that can fit one?

What about the Marines and National Guard? Will their tanks be wrapped too?

And what of out allies? Will the British Challengers and German Leopard IIs be fiber wrapped as well? This may make Depleted Uranium decontamination easier, but the input and output pressure gauges may get in the way.

Of course, only tanks wrapped by Airgun Designs will have the gauges in the logical place - both gauges INSIDE the vehicle.

LOL @ myself!

RT 01037
02-06-2002, 05:36 PM
o your a funny one FaSSt ha ha ha ha :D :D :D

Maxd Out
02-06-2002, 06:06 PM
Remember guys, there are only several tank manufacturers on the market. Luxfer makes Nitro Duck bottles. I forget who makes AA and the other black ones. Catalina Cylinders makes most of the aluminum tanks. These tanks are not just for paintball. The companies are huge and make tanks for lots of things such as scuba, fire equipment etc. Paintball companies only buy the tanks from the manufacturers.

Getting back to the point: It is possible that the government would create such a demand for fiber wrapped tanks for various needs that the tank companies would solely produce for the government; especially now with W's proposed defense budget which is through the roof. However, it is highly unlikely that this would happen.