PDA

View Full Version : PNeumag issues

Stanzo
03-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Howdy, well i think im having some issues with the MSV2 valve. Its not a light trigger pull at all. Ive messed around with the LPR but it doesnt seem to be making any differences. basically, its no air walk trigger, it almost feels like a normal trigger pull with the sear. ANyone experienced this before?

flyingpootang
03-14-2010, 11:06 PM
List the components and pics would be helpful. Basically have the ram hit the lowest part of the sear leg and have a small gap between the ram and leg when aired up...

Adam45
03-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Turn the LPR all the way down till nothing happens. Then turn it up in very small amounts till the marker fires. Then turn it up about 1/4 or so turns so you can be sure it will continue to fire dependably. I think the pressure on the MSV2 valve is to high.

If that doesnt solve the problem.

Move the ram away from the sear till it just trips the sear. The ram should hit the sear just about at the end of its stroke and be angled so that it strikes the near the bottom of the sears tang without skipping off the end of it. It could be your ram is not able to move freely and therefore you have turned your LPR up very high to compensate.

Move the MSV2 valve away from the trigger so that the pin between the back of the trigger and the MSV2 valve has room to float freely.It should not be resting against either the trigger or the valve all the time.

Lower the MSV2 valve so that the trigger pin hits it further up the activator (arm) and farther away from the pivot on the valve. The farther away from the pivot the trigger pin hits the more sensitive the trigger pull is and therefore your pull is lighter. The further from the pivot the longer the trigger pull. This is the balance between a longer trigger pull and a lighter trigger pull, personal preference will tell you when its "right".

Test your LPR or replace the LPR with a different one to see if its giving to high of a pressure.

chafnerjr
03-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Do all of the above... and then take a picture and post it here. That will help quite a bit. :cheers:

Spider-TW
03-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Yes, I'm curious how you can get enough pressure in an MSV to make it that stiff. Usually a hose pops off first.

Adam45
03-15-2010, 07:15 PM
Yes, I'm curious how you can get enough pressure in an MSV to make it that stiff. Usually a hose pops off first.

I put top hats on mine because it a pain to open the grip up to fix the hoses. Yes usually the hoses would come off at a high pressure but without having it in front of me I am covering the bases.

Stanzo
04-13-2010, 05:15 PM
sorry for the long delay, just got back online recently
ok so here are some pics
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8025/img0464z.jpg
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/796/img0462l.jpg
again sorry for late reply, thanks for the tips on what to do. Ive moved teh ram farther away(or as far as i can get it) from the sear.
The frame is from a shocker sft and it is a MSV2 valve
its still stiff ive got a new lpr on its way here now ill try it once its in

flyingpootang
04-13-2010, 08:54 PM
On your SFT frame is there a piece of metal supporting the MSV activation pin?

Stanzo
04-13-2010, 11:11 PM
the pin that allows the trigger to contact the MSV lever? yeah theres a piece there that supports it.

flyingpootang
04-14-2010, 12:40 AM
I hate to ask, but does it create drag when pulling the trigger? Did you try it with out the MSV in place?

Stanzo
04-14-2010, 02:24 AM
I think i know where your getting at.. and yeah there is a little drag. Im currently tuning the little screws to get that drag out a little...
Once i got it all together again and got air through her ill try and post a video of what its doing.

flyingpootang
04-14-2010, 09:04 AM
It may be a better idea to drill a MSV activation pin hole into a solid piece of brass or aluminum, then tap the SFT mounting holes and use set screws to hold the block in place.....

Stanzo
04-14-2010, 06:10 PM
It may be a better idea to drill a MSV activation pin hole into a solid piece of brass or aluminum, then tap the SFT mounting holes and use set screws to hold the block in place.....
thats whats already there actually, its a square piece of aluminum with four set screws . I Adjusted the screws so the little housing wasnt causing the rod to go in at a weird angle. It seems a little more loose now. But the msv2 lever is still hard

flyingpootang
04-14-2010, 10:32 PM
If you dismount the MSV2 from the frame and actuate it by hand is it still stiff? If so, I'm guessing your LPR isn't regulating correctly. Have you tried to turn done your LPR and regulate up slowly? If your pressure spikes, then your reg may be at fault. Also a pic of your whole set up and a vid would be nice

Stanzo
04-16-2010, 11:43 PM
workin on a vid, waiting on a new lpr to show up.