PDA

View Full Version : input pressure to a pnumag

arzosah
03-15-2010, 04:04 PM
what would be an ideal input pressure for a pnumag setup. i have tank set to about 1000 but will that in way be a bad thing when i get my parts to set up my pnumag?

xero28
03-15-2010, 05:01 PM
You would probably want to have the pressure down around 700-800 psi since that would mean that there is less pressure needed to actuate the sear, meaning less pressure needed through the pneumatics to fire the gun.

Loneassassin
03-15-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm in the process of building a Pneumag myself, but I have a lot of knowledge of lprs based on my experience with Autocockers.

I think 1000psi is a little risky unless you're going to run a very high quality lpr like a Palmer's or AKA SCM III. Cheap lprs like Ticklers tend to blow out with that much pressure going into them. I'd say probably 800-850 would be better, since that's what you need for your Mag to run anyway.

The Lpr is taking that 800 or so psi and regulating it down to around 20-30 psi to operate your pneumatics - that's a big difference.

Generally, the lower you can get your lpr pressure and have the pneumatics still function reliably, the better. The more pressure in your actuator valve, the more friction there will be on the o-rings inside, making the trigger pull stiffer.