PDA

View Full Version : Emag Turned Into A Pump (Round 2)

inkundone
03-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Well I posted I think last week about my Emag, that with the help of a machinist friend, I turned into a pump.

A lot of people have asked for pics and another video so ask and you shall receive.

Heres some pics. Still have some anno work and possibly milling done to it.

NEW VIDEO LINKED BELOW!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtdqo7aWeDA

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f25/rocket_civic/photo-8.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f25/rocket_civic/photo-9.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f25/rocket_civic/photo-7.jpg

heres the link to the old video before the pump stroke, binding, and other magic squirrels were added ;)

YouTube - PumpyMag (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gpSbZ8i0Dg)

The other video I promise to post tomorrow. We took the video today but didnt have any time to post it to youtube yet.

ink (Destroyer of Electros)

Smoothice
03-20-2010, 12:48 AM
Lets all start theorizing how this is done...

Smoothice
03-20-2010, 12:50 AM
I see the marker is in mech mode...

It also seems the pump stroke is WAY to short to actually be resetting the bolt like in a normal pumpmag.

So the "pumping" must be more of a trigger reset. Hmmm

inkundone
03-20-2010, 01:03 AM
Lets all start theorizing how this is done...

:D :cool: :D

Smoothice
03-20-2010, 01:06 AM
:D :cool: :D

This is fun. I hope others play along. And I hope you will let us know if we get it right :cheers:

inkundone
03-20-2010, 01:12 AM
If someone guesses I'll tell you.

If it helps, the marker can also work in electro mode and also mech mode like i stated before, however the Emag has to be adjusted back to how it was originally designed.

In no way did I butcher or wreck anything.

Basically this may be the first electro,mech,pump marker ever made :eek: :D

Storminnorman
03-20-2010, 01:18 AM
I will tell anyone how it is made for 50 dollars paypal and a happy ending.

inkundone
03-20-2010, 01:29 AM
I will tell anyone how it is made for 50 dollars paypal and a happy ending.

And you will then never get to shoot it and get banned from the Field.

Not to mention I can easily beat the crap out of you.

Storminnorman
03-20-2010, 01:36 AM
So violent that's not nice. I don't fight people I have people for that because violence is wrong. I would pay Cale in tasty treats to knock you out for me and I wouldn't give him the treats till he does the work. Other wise he would run with the treats.

kcombs9
03-20-2010, 02:08 PM
I see the marker is in mech mode...

It also seems the pump stroke is WAY to short to actually be resetting the bolt like in a normal pumpmag.

So the "pumping" must be more of a trigger reset. Hmmm

Your right its too short to rest the bolt.

Maybe it resets the sear its self?

the rod connected to the battery case prevents the sear from resting then when pumped the gun resets by its self? or some variation of that. aka prevents resting and resets it

Ratzo
03-20-2010, 03:23 PM
I really like the false battery pack pump handle, will look killer when it's annoed to match.

inkundone
03-20-2010, 06:03 PM
NEW VIDEO LINK IN FIRST POST

reckid1986
03-20-2010, 06:37 PM
hmm, i think the pump rod must stop the sear from restting. kind of like holding the trigger after a shot, then when you pump it moves the blocking piece letting it reset.

KKPASA
03-21-2010, 12:14 AM
That's a great sleeper. I have a pump mag too but my pump stroke isn't as smooth. You have to tell us how you did it.

Temo Vryce
03-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Looks like it's about a have inch of movement for the pump. That could be enough to reset the bolt. There's also a definite click when it's pumped. Something is snapping into place. I'm going to guess it's a standard pump setup, just trimmed down to the absolute minimum possible.

On a side note. The "Ahhh/Ohhh" at the beginning and end of the video just about had me spraying coke all over my monitors.

inkundone
03-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Looks like it's about a have inch of movement for the pump. That could be enough to reset the bolt. There's also a definite click when it's pumped. Something is snapping into place. I'm going to guess it's a standard pump setup, just trimmed down to the absolute minimum possible.

On a side note. The "Ahhh/Ohhh" at the beginning and end of the video just about had me spraying coke all over my monitors.

DING DING DING WINNER!!!!!!

It's exactly how a pumpmag works. All we (my machinist Mr. Bill and I) did was mill the emag rail exactly like a normal pump milled rail is, however there it stops right before the front of the rail. There's a slot then cut completely through the rail for the pump rod we bent to connect to the pump handle/battery box.

It uses a wave spring just like any pumpmag would however I had problems using all forms of bumpers because the sear wanted to ocassionally reset onto the blot.

The pump handle battery box is completely handmade with a guide rod in the bottom that goes through the frame only when pumped to avoid binding. There are also 3 return spring voids cut into the handle to allow it to spring back.

The original front thumb screw was replaced with a custom made one with a wider shaft to allow the top to also be used as a guide as well.

The only thing I did that may "wreck" the value if ever sold is the hole drilled in the frame for the lower guide, the pump milling, and the body milling for pump rod clearance.

As far as internal pictures I still don't plan on taking pics right now... Maybe in a bit.

ink

kcombs9
03-21-2010, 09:17 PM
DING DING DING WINNER!!!!!!

It's exactly how a pumpmag works. All we (my machinist Mr. Bill and I) did was mill the emag rail exactly like a normal pump milled rail is, however there it stops right before the front of the rail. There's a slot then cut completely through the rail for the pump rod we bent to connect to the pump handle/battery box.

It uses a wave spring just like any pumpmag would however I had problems using all forms of bumpers because the sear wanted to ocassionally reset onto the blot.

The pump handle battery box is completely handmade with a guide rod in the bottom that goes through the frame only when pumped to avoid binding. There are also 3 return spring voids cut into the handle to allow it to spring back.

The original front thumb screw was replaced with a custom made one with a wider shaft to allow the top to also be used as a guide as well.

The only thing I did that may "wreck" the value if ever sold is the hole drilled in the frame for the lower guide, the pump milling, and the body milling for pump rod clearance.

As far as internal pictures I still don't plan on taking pics right now... Maybe in a bit.

ink

awesome you had us all fooled... I would guess the same mod could be done with out the use of emag lowers But that wouldn't look as cool :shooting:

inkundone
03-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Oh trust me it was hour upon hours of trial and error. Finally we have it to a super smooth pump stroke.

If someone owns a pumpmag, actually check the activation point of the pump stroke... It's only about 1/8 of an inch. It's only as thick as the wave spring. That's why in the videos I only pump it ever so slightly, that's all it takes.

Smoothice
03-21-2010, 11:09 PM
If someone owns a pumpmag, actually check the activation point of the pump stroke... It's only about 1/8 of an inch. It's only as thick as the wave spring. That's why in the videos I only pump it ever so slightly, that's all it takes.

True. But in order to have the rod out of the way of the bolt your pump stroke has to be longer.

inkundone
03-22-2010, 01:11 AM
True. But in order to have the rod out of the way of the bolt your pump stroke has to be longer.

negative. If you change the degree of the pump milled ramp the rod slides up, 1/8 is just enough to push the bolt and then move back down to avoid the bolt slamming into it.

Trust me I did it ;)

Temo Vryce
03-22-2010, 09:52 AM
The clue that gave it away for me, was the fact that you said you could easy revert back to regular emag. The only way I could think of doing that would be to just remove the wave spring.

Does this mean you're going to send it to me for guessing right? :p It never hurts to ask, right? ;)

Smoothice
03-22-2010, 03:56 PM
negative. If you change the degree of the pump milled ramp the rod slides up, 1/8 is just enough to push the bolt and then move back down to avoid the bolt slamming into it.

Trust me I did it ;)

Well if you changed the milling then I would agree with you. But earlier you said this v v v v

All we (my machinist Mr. Bill and I) did was mill the emag rail exactly like a normal pump milled rail is

All I know is you did a great job!! :dance:

inkundone
03-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Ok ok it's more or less a spin on my words but yeah. What I meant by exactly like a pumpmag milled rail is where it's located and how it functions. If I was getting technical I coulda said it's also .003 difference in depth as well.

Not only is my pump rod thicker than the original it's also longer.

Sumthinwicked
03-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Not only is my pump rod thicker than the original it's also longer.[/QUOTE]
thats what all the boys say ... :rolleyes:

Smoothice
03-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Ok ok it's more or less a spin on my words but yeah. What I meant by exactly like a pumpmag milled rail is where it's located and how it functions. If I was getting technical I coulda said it's also .003 difference in depth as well.

Not only is my pump rod thicker than the original it's also longer.

:rofl:

I'm just squeezing info out of you for my emag pump build :p

J/K :cheers:

Storminnorman
03-23-2010, 01:21 AM
Shot this wonder of a marker today. Super smooth and hardly any effort to pump. Would shoot again lol :shooting:

trevorjk
03-23-2010, 01:35 AM
im sure the marker shot great! but the user of the marker likes to take my shots directly on his nipples... just saying :cheers:

Storminnorman
03-23-2010, 01:56 AM
His nipples are sensitive but I think he secretly liked it. :rofl: He also took that shot after he was out. I was also shot after I was out by the same pube fingered trigger happy turd but mine was closer and in the calf. It was also my backup gun as well that you where using and I had to clean it as well. Next time you get to use the trilogy :rofl:

chafnerjr
03-23-2010, 07:16 AM

Trust me I did it ;)
Pure genius!

inkundone
03-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Pure genius!

hey this guy knows em when he sees em. :dance: :bounce:

warbeak2099
03-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Holy crap that's the best thing I've seen in a while.

inkundone
03-29-2010, 12:25 PM

Berzerker Grizz
03-31-2010, 03:32 AM
Got to see up this markers skirt this past weekend...Also got to meet the guy who did the milling.....its freakishly uncanny on how much Tom Kaye and this guy look alike...

ps...Currently taking bribes for internal design descriptions...... :rofl:

inkundone
06-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Thought I'd update this with some cool new pictures

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f25/rocket_civic/emag2.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f25/rocket_civic/27977_1279579240866_1571595840_3059.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f25/rocket_civic/27977_1279579200865_1571595840_3059.jpg

SOUP
06-24-2010, 05:57 PM
So now its a wall hanger lol.

What did Tom think of it?

inkundone
06-25-2010, 01:39 AM
Said it was the coolest marker he had ever seen cause it was a pump, semi, and electro all in one.

KiNgStiNg
07-13-2010, 10:22 PM
damn glad u got props from him for it :O!!!!!. it is a sweet concept executed well.