PDA

View Full Version : EMag Valve Issues...

greystone
03-26-2010, 02:20 PM
I took the advice of people here and ended up buying a complete emag valved setup. Matching numbers, ULT, LVL 10. Classic PF body, AM/MM rail, standard frame.

The previous owner had it working with this setup until he encountered this issue.

The problem I'm having is that after I air the gun up, it will fire once and then the trigger goes "dead". There is some resistance, but it does not fire again. De-gas it, re-gas it, it will fire once and stops firing. On some random occasions it will fire once, then "chuff" a few times before it goes dead.

I've only even dealt with Classic valved, Level 7 mags before. The combination of Level 10 and an Emag valve has me confuddled.

I've put gratuitous amounts of oil through it.

Thanks for any input.

Ando
03-26-2010, 07:07 PM
GG on the oil. Next thing would be pulling your barrel off and pushing down on your bolt with a squeegee. See if it resets and fires. If it does, you either have too tight of a carrier or a weak bolt spring.

athomas
03-27-2010, 12:31 PM
The problem could be the ASA. If the pin is too long, the air supply could be choked off. It will give a charge of air as you first put the bottle on but chokes it off by further turns to tighten the bottle. After the first shot, there isn't enough pressure in the line to charge the valve to a high enough pressure to fire the gun.

If it isn't the ASA then the problem is probably bolt stick. Try tuning the level 10 bolt setup. Remove all the shims first, then use the largest carrier that doesn't leak. Always use the same white carrier oring when changing carriers.

greystone
03-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Unfortunately since I bought this marker used I do not have any spare parts on hand beyond an extra bolt spring and some classic valve O-Rings.

I have a new ASA on the way, will try that as soon as it arrives. The parts kit for the EMag Valve is the same as the X-Valve kit?

athomas
03-27-2010, 06:09 PM
The X-valve is an aluminum retro/emag valve.