PDA

View Full Version : Old rts and lvl 10

Wayne
03-29-2010, 12:02 AM
Can the old RT use lvl 10? Also can they use the ULT trigger on off?

flyingpootang
03-29-2010, 02:11 AM
Can the old RT use lvl 10? Also can they use the ULT trigger on off?
Yes all mags can use a L10 bolt, but an old RT probably not. The best way to tell is to remove your on/off and on/off o-ring. If there is 1 o-ring = no ULT. 2-orings = yes. You can have the single o-ring type drilled out for you to use a ULT. I've read Luke or Tunaman provides the service. Pm both of them for details...

Wayne
03-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Thanks.

mostpeople
03-29-2010, 03:39 PM
FYI I had a classic RT and put a level 10 in it. It would never chrono over 220 fps no matter how much pressure I had in it. After some research I found out it was this (http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=112&categoryID=23) part. The original RT ones did not have that blowoff valve in it. In the description you can read that its designed for the higher pressures of the lvl 10 kit.

Anyways good luck.

Riddler236
03-29-2010, 05:28 PM
I've had several classic RTs that ran a level 10 just fine and did not require a reg piston replacement, so that might be hit or miss.

Also, for whatever it's worth, they liked the stock mainspring better than the longer springs that come with the level 10.

BigEvil
04-03-2010, 07:20 AM
You can use a lvl10 on a classic RT just fine. You will probably have to replace the reg piston, as the lvl 7 guns had the safety relief blow offs set lower and would vent out the back when using with a lvl 10.

If there are velocity issues using the smallest mainspring (and the HP piston), replace the spring pack in the reg.

Frizzle Fry
04-03-2010, 07:25 AM
Yes all mags can use a L10 bolt

Nuhuh!

I can think of a model that doesn't ;)

Ando
04-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Rental classics vlaves but all it takes is a drill to fix that :cheers:

cockerpunk
04-03-2010, 12:27 PM
You can use a lvl10 on a classic RT just fine. You will probably have to replace the reg piston, as the lvl 7 guns had the safety relief blow offs set lower and would vent out the back when using with a lvl 10.

If there are velocity issues using the smallest mainspring (and the HP piston), replace the spring pack in the reg.

interesting

my classic RT does that sometimes, but if i air it up with the trigger down it doesn't.

what reg piston do i buy to fix it?

BigEvil
04-03-2010, 12:42 PM
interesting

my classic RT does that sometimes, but if i air it up with the trigger down it doesn't.

what reg piston do i buy to fix it?

Any new RT/X valve piston. The older lvl 7 ones had safeties with a lower setting. You will run into this a lot when you put a lvl 10 on classic valves also.

Sounds like you might just need some new reg seat orings.

cockerpunk
04-03-2010, 12:54 PM
no, its a velocity thing, i recently rebuilt the whole thing. sometimes adjusting the velocity change tricky becuase i want to shoot 10 fps faster ... but the back starts to leak. typeically i just underbore to pick up that extra velocity.

good tip, another thing i need to buy.

BigEvil
04-03-2010, 08:01 PM
no, its a velocity thing, i recently rebuilt the whole thing. sometimes adjusting the velocity change tricky becuase i want to shoot 10 fps faster ... but the back starts to leak. typeically i just underbore to pick up that extra velocity.

good tip, another thing i need to buy.

Yes, they are related. You are increasing the pressure to fire the ball faster, and the bleed off safety in the reg piston vents due to that increase. If it leaks intermittently you have a bad piston and it should be replaced.

I thought you knew how these things work?!? :p

Ando
04-03-2010, 08:29 PM
You can "fix it" till you get a new one.
http://bigevilonline.com/showthread.php?t=3849

Beemer
04-03-2010, 09:31 PM
You can "fix it" till you get a new one.
http://bigevilonline.com/showthread.php?t=3849

I guess, but then you just rendered the built in safety feature use less. Those pistons are OEM preset in a special jig[rig] under pressure to a set relief pressure. Once you break the allen screw loose you will NEVER reset it to where it was to OEM specs. Just buy a new one for safety sake. It says on the web site not user adjustable for a reason. Its REALLY not smart or SAFE for a temp fix. :nono: