PDA

View Full Version : Few Pneu Questions

RehKal
03-29-2010, 12:12 AM
Looking at buying a M90 frame soon for a sleeper setup and I had a few questions.

1. Tickler LPR or Micro Rock with the adjustment knob? I guess the real question is what works best or what FITS best? Seems most everyone uses the LPR, does the Micro not fit as easily or is it simply the ease of adjusting the LPR?

2. Who does the CP on/off mod for the sleeper setup?

ProblemKinder
03-29-2010, 12:20 AM
Looking at buying a M90 frame soon for a sleeper setup and I had a few questions.

1. Tickler LPR or Micro Rock with the adjustment knob? I guess the real question is what works best or what FITS best? Seems most everyone uses the LPR, does the Micro not fit as easily or is it simply the ease of adjusting the LPR?

2. Who does the CP on/off mod for the sleeper setup?

PM loguzzzzzz (I think there's six z's) or Mag79. They build alot of pneumags they would probably know the answer.

or just wait for replies here, sorry I don't know anything :(

reckid1986
03-29-2010, 09:59 AM
the tickler just fits better in the m-90 because its the shortest and skinniest lpr, you can use a micro rock but you will need to cut a pocket in your grips for it to fit.

Loguzzzzzz does the milling and drilling for the sleeper setup.

Loguzzzzzz
03-29-2010, 10:27 AM
I usually use Ticklers but the lpr from a Superstock or the newer Orracles are a little thinner but slightly taller. These should fit fine too.

chafnerjr
03-29-2010, 01:13 PM
The micro rock is technically a better LPR... but you don't need anything fancy for a pneu triggered mag. The big difference is whether you want to run sleeper or not (sounds like you do). The advice here is correct. Internally a Micro-Rock is too long and the cap may be too wide (Don't have an m-90 to check).

Dirge
03-29-2010, 04:16 PM
A Macdev Sonic LPR also works quite well. Seem to have a little better recharge than the Tickler, though the internal design is identical (maybe better finish?).

Loneassassin
03-29-2010, 06:37 PM
I usually use Ticklers but the lpr from a Superstock or the newer Orracles are a little thinner but slightly taller. These should fit fine too.

Hey Loguzzzzzz have you had any issues with Ticklers' cup-seals going bad due to high pressure input? I've had about 3 of them go bad over the years on Cockers, and that's being pre-regulated down to 350psi or so. The little cup-seal on the end of the piston develops a crease and won't seal, delivering full pressure to your 3-way or whatever you have.

I've got an extra Tickler I'm planning on using for my pneumag project, but I'm just skeptical on how long it will last. Eventually I'm gonna mount an AKA SCM III or Rock Lpr to my vert-asa adapter and sneak the hose in through a channel in the grip frame - kind of a semi-sleeper setup.

Loguzzzzzz
03-29-2010, 06:42 PM
I have not had that problem yet. I have Ticklers on 3 of my 4 pneumags and on both my Emaggos. They have all performed great so far (searches for wood to knock) and have never had any of the shoot down stories I have heard about.

Sounds like I have just been lucky or I don't play enough (which is true) to have ran into this trouble yet.

flyingpootang
03-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Hey Loguzzzzzz have you had any issues with Ticklers' cup-seals going bad due to high pressure input? I've had about 3 of them go bad over the years on Cockers, and that's being pre-regulated down to 350psi or so. The little cup-seal on the end of the piston develops a crease and won't seal, delivering full pressure to your 3-way or whatever you have.

I've got an extra Tickler I'm planning on using for my pneumag project, but I'm just skeptical on how long it will last. Eventually I'm gonna mount an AKA SCM III or Rock Lpr to my vert-asa adapter and sneak the hose in through a channel in the grip frame - kind of a semi-sleeper setup.

The problem that Ticklers have had on pneumags is that the 1/8" NPT fitting is the same on the piston side of the LPR. It allows full pressure during air ups and spikes the LPR before it has enough time to reg down the pressure. The seal on the valve will only turn off the output pressure of the LPR when the pressure is stable. By inserting a restrictor orifice in the inlet side of the Tickler's 1/8" NPT fitting you will avoid the pressure spike to the LPR and blowing off the hose on the output side or at the input side of the MSV-2. John's (Loguzzzz) way of doing a sleeper through a CP direct mount will not get the full pressure spike due to the way he does the small angled airport through the ASA, which limits or restricts the pressure spike. By the way John's work is awesome since I've seen it up close and was able to try it out first hand. I have also read Mag79's post on how to do a sleeper and by the pics he also seems to do quality work....

RehKal
03-30-2010, 01:46 AM
Thanks for all the advice, I do believe I managed to find a source for the LPRs on amazon. No picture though so that's a little worrisome, guess we'll find out if it's ok or not when I get them.

chafnerjr
03-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Thanks for all the advice, I do believe I managed to find a source for the LPRs on amazon. No picture though so that's a little worrisome, guess we'll find out if it's ok or not when I get them.
There are at least a dozen for sale here on AO from reputable people for cheap. Just some FYI.