PDA

View Full Version : Opinions welcome-New Expansion Chamber

MFM-70
03-29-2010, 10:17 AM
All,
I have a 68 Automag with a A.I.R. valve that I shoot Co2 in.
I currently have a very old expansion chamber on this marker that is starting to fail (leaks).
What/where can I get a good expansion chamber for my setup.

Currently has bottom bottle setup-bottle sticks straight down in front of trigger, gas runs out of the top of bottle to hard line in bottom of exp. chamber then braided hose to valve.

Thanks

vf-xx
03-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Can you not rebuild your expansion chamber?

I can't quite mentally picture your set up. Pictures would help.

Running the bottle on the bottomline with a foregrip expansion chamber give you a lot of options.

I like the system X expansion chamber, mostly because I think it looks good and it's rebuildable.

MFM-70
03-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Can you not rebuild your expansion chamber?

I can't quite mentally picture your set up. Pictures would help.

Running the bottle on the bottomline with a foregrip expansion chamber give you a lot of options.

I like the system X expansion chamber, mostly because I think it looks good and it's rebuildable.

I think it is a TASO in-line expansion chamber....do not know if it is rebuildable.

MFM-70
03-31-2010, 07:45 AM
I think it is a TASO in-line expansion chamber....do not know if it is rebuildable.

OK, here is what I went with:
Removed all the old crappy setup and bought one of these:
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/5664/
$31.00 shipped

I will now run a braided hose out the front of the ASA to a 90 deg. elbow into the bottom of this:
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/65/
(Except the one I bought is a 6 stage not 4 & $21.99 shipped)

Bought new braided hose and quick disconnects for the line from the top of the x chamber to the valve.

Should rock with x chamber, new lines and a much cleaner, more rugged setup. Also have a good front handle now.
Will post pics when assembled.

After I air up, I can then tackle my R/T on off valve problem.

Regards,

athomas
03-31-2010, 03:30 PM
For a horizontal CO2 bottle setup, you should get an anti siphon for the bottle you will be using, or at least tip the bottle back on a bit of an angle. That way you will keep the liquid out of the expansion chamber. Without it, you will force liquid right up the hose and into the expansion chamber, reducing its effectiveness. It will still be better than forcing the liquid up into the valve, though.

MFM-70
03-31-2010, 05:40 PM
For a horizontal CO2 bottle setup, you should get an anti siphon for the bottle you will be using, or at least tip the bottle back on a bit of an angle. That way you will keep the liquid out of the expansion chamber. Without it, you will force liquid right up the hose and into the expansion chamber, reducing its effectiveness. It will still be better than forcing the liquid up into the valve, though.

I am planning on making a 10 degree plate for the ASA to tip as you have suggested.
Thanks!

MFM-70
04-07-2010, 01:15 PM
OK, here goes:

I have finished my ASA mount block shown in the pics.
I made this custom block as I could not find exactly what I wanted anywhere.

-Made it with a 5 deg angle for bottle tilt-anti liquid horizontal bottle setup.
-Added 6 Stage ACI Sub Zero expansion chamber.
-Added Dew Designz Quick Flip on/off ASA.
-Reduced the number of Co2 system air fittings and joints by 2/3.
-Replaced side hose with all new components and new Q/D.
-Sand blasted and repainted pistol frame....just 'cause.

ALSO-Installed R/T on/off valve with the help of the nice folks on this board it is now running great.

Playing this weekend, should be a major improvement
http://www5.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=3772669008/a=26182667_26182667/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

MANN
04-07-2010, 07:13 PM
you have to host your own pics. AO no longer will host them.

MFM-70
04-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Added link to Snapfish for pics for those interested.

http://www5.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=3772669008/a=26182667_26182667/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Regards,

Matt