PDA

View Full Version : here here! cocker owners!

KamikazePenguin
02-06-2002, 08:04 PM
sure, some us have more "efficient" cockers, but why is this? I think we've been skirting the real issue for too long. What we need to ask ourselves is who has the most efficient PNUEMATICS? How many times will your pnuematics cycle off of a 68/3k tank?

ArthurDent
02-06-2002, 08:07 PM
ok what pressure you running?

Ziuck
02-06-2002, 08:39 PM
It depends I get any where from 1000 - 1200 shots off a 68/3k fill.

RED Valve and SP Freak w/ AA front :)

It doesn't really matter what pneumatics you have. It is all about your springs! You need somewhere around Green/Blue or Yellow/Blue to have good efficiency.

KamikazePenguin
02-06-2002, 08:42 PM
methinks you missed the humor in my post...

MantisMag
02-07-2002, 08:51 AM
i know nothing about cockers but i think kami is trying to get at something to do with air and the definition of the word "pneumatic."

KamikazePenguin
02-07-2002, 01:38 PM
you're all hopeless....

FeelTheRT
02-07-2002, 04:01 PM
ur gun can cock around 4800 times if your pnumatics are at 90 psi with your 68/3k tank.

Webmaster
02-07-2002, 05:12 PM
Front pneumatic effiecentcy relies primarily on one thing:

The size of the load the ram has to move, or the ammount of energy required to recock the gun.

This has MANY factors including:
wieght of bolt
amount of drag on bolt
wieght of back black
wieght of pump arm
tension on hamme spring
amount of drag on ram

once all of the factor are as smooth and light as possible, then you need to look at a couple other things:

long, large diameter rams, require less psi to work, as they have more volume. Not neccessarily an efficientcy issue, as much as it will help you not chop as much

quick, snappy three ways, which means a palmer or an old Stock WGP. These 3ways have a more postive on/off "snap", and less time when the three way is in a neutral position (that is not acutally activating the ram), than the single tube design three ways (ans, angry, etc)

Muzikman
02-07-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Webmaster
Front pneumatic effiecentcy relies primarily on one thing:

The size of the load the ram has to move, or the ammount of energy required to recock the gun.

Spoken like a true cocker god...

You know, some times I forget how great you are with cockers...:)

FeelTheRT
02-07-2002, 06:01 PM
acutally webby, thats not the only thing. Having LP internals can reduce cocking presure therefor also increasing efficancy. the FF Cockers cock at what? like 40psi? NE ways it's alot lower than stock cocker presure which is around 90psi.