PDA

View Full Version : modmymag.com?

tarthal
04-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Was looking to send my Emag to them to get a software update as well as geting tuned a bit. Had it siting around a while. I got it working perfect in mech mode but cant get it to work right in Emode. Cant figure out if its a valve or myth reg issue( has HP springs) So was hoping to send it to Modmymag.com and get it fixed up and tuned lvl 10. And see if they can install a tuna blade in it for me. Anyone know if they still around? Noticed website was down yesterday and Today. THanks

mostpeople
04-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Pretty sure Ruler_Mark shut that one down a while ago.

Installing a tuna blade is easy though. Get a punch the correct size, and get a hammer + electrical tape. Tape around the hole to help protect the finish. And punch the pin out. Then put the tunablade in, and hammer the pin back in the opposite way.

I want to say punch it out from divers side, then back in from passengers side - but I am not sure you will need to look that up.

Its super easy dude.

tarthal
04-04-2010, 02:34 PM
swore i was reading not to use a hammer cause it could mess up the bearing. And last time i tried to get the pin out and put it back in i had to get a whole new pin cause it actually made the pin shorter and thicker and couldnt get it flush.

Smoothice
04-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Pm tunaman. He can take care of everything.

Loguzzzzzz
04-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Tunaman is the way to go, he is the original E-mag guru and is also an actual AGD trained technician as well as an AGD dealer. He will have what ever you need. . . and umm. . . oh yeah, the "Tuna"Blade is called that for a reason. ;)

email him at: tunaman5@comcast.net

You will be glad you did!
:cheers:

chafnerjr
04-04-2010, 05:46 PM
A cheap auto punch is a good bet. Taken many trigger in and out of many mags without issue. You don't want to do it all the time as you'll eventually kill the pin... but hey, it's a pin!

going_home
04-04-2010, 05:52 PM
PM ruler_mark . Its his site. He is the only one I know that's authorized to flash Emags/Xmags to the Xmod software. You can't go wrong with Tunaman but Mark can probably turn it around faster . ;)

MANN
04-04-2010, 06:10 PM
You cant go wrong with mark (modmymag).

Ruler_Mark
04-04-2010, 09:38 PM
I got extremely busy with school and haven't taken any guns for well over a year now, decided to shut the site off.

Pretty sure Ruler_Mark shut that one down a while ago.

Installing a tuna blade is easy though. Get a punch the correct size, and get a hammer + electrical tape. Tape around the hole to help protect the finish. And punch the pin out. Then put the tunablade in, and hammer the pin back in the opposite way.

I want to say punch it out from divers side, then back in from passengers side - but I am not sure you will need to look that up.

Its super easy dude.

This.

pmstc
04-07-2010, 08:14 AM
swore i was reading not to use a hammer cause it could mess up the bearing. And last time i tried to get the pin out and put it back in i had to get a whole new pin cause it actually made the pin shorter and thicker and couldnt get it flush.
He said to use a punch, not just a hammer. If you use a hammer that will happen, but you are supposed to use a properly sized punch, and hammer on the punch.

OPBN
04-08-2010, 01:08 PM

Mine is an older frame, but the pin came out the drivers side, pushing from the passenger side. I would assume they were all that way unless mine was put in wrong.

Tunaman
04-08-2010, 05:18 PM
You cannot use a punch and hammer on the triggers with bearings. The pin needs to be PRESSED in with an arbor press or vice.

SSP REAPER
04-08-2010, 05:43 PM
^^^ This is the correct method. If you use a hammer or punch you risk ruining the bearing and slipping off and marring your frame. Do it right and use a press...

mostpeople
04-08-2010, 06:31 PM
how do you get it out tuna? Do you use a vice with a pin?

MANN
04-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Why do you say that you cannot use a punch and hammer? (not trying to be argumentative. I would like to know the theory behind the thought)

mostpeople
04-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Why do you say that you cannot use a punch and hammer? (not trying to be argumentative. I would like to know the theory behind the thought)

I always did and never had a problem

MANN
04-08-2010, 07:32 PM
I always did and never had a problem

Same here. Thats why I ask. I use a small punch, and iirc 10oz hammer. I dont miss, and have never had any problems with any of my bearings/triggers.

Ando
04-08-2010, 09:26 PM
If the inner race of the bearing catches on the pin. The blunt force will, blow the barring out. I blew one out doing doing the same thing. You can buy a little table vice...
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=3311
...and use it to press the trigger pin in. I have that same one and it works like a champ ;)

It comes with rubber feet too. I use that little thing for just about everything.

MANN
04-09-2010, 06:25 AM
The reason it blows it out is more than likely that it is not centered. If you press a bearing that is not centered it will do the same thing.

SSP REAPER
04-09-2010, 07:06 AM
The reason it blows it out is more than likely that it is not centered. If you press a bearing that is not centered it will do the same thing.
This is true but most people lack sufficient centering AND aiming skills to get it done properly. The chances of getting it wrong in a vice are the same as if you hammer it in I suppose. It's a double edged sword really. I have had better luck with a vice because of the force it generates as opposed to a hammer and I am a remodeling contractor by trade :argh:

OPBN
04-09-2010, 07:10 AM
Haven't put the pin back in on the Emag yet, but used a nail set on my others before. The end is cupped inward and helps keep the nail set on the pin.

mostpeople
04-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Haven't put the pin back in on the Emag yet, but used a nail set on my others before. The end is cupped inward and helps keep the nail set on the pin.

Perfect, just take it slow and you'll be fine.

Tunaman
04-11-2010, 09:18 AM
The bearing and pin are a press fit. That means the pin will not just slide right into the bearing. You NEED to press it in. But feel free to use the method described by the experts above...I have plenty of bearings. :rolleyes:

mostpeople
04-11-2010, 12:13 PM
The bearing and pin are a press fit. That means the pin will not just slide right into the bearing. You NEED to press it in. But feel free to use the method described by the experts above...I have plenty of bearings. :rolleyes:

Tuna, I tried asking you before and you didnt answer. We get it - you press it in. But how do you get the pin out?

Tunaman
04-12-2010, 05:25 AM
You can knock it out with a punch if it is a standard trigger with no bearing...but I still recommend pressing it out.

OPBN
04-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Maybe I have the wrong pin then, because the one on mine slips right through the bearing. Exepting the knurled part that catches on the frame of course.