PDA

View Full Version : Oil + ASA Pneumag

Bigwooly1013
04-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Now that my main marker is a pneumag should i still be dropping the oil i always add before start of play to my ASA or should i be doing it right at the valve?

Will Oil mess up my LPR, MSV-2, and MP3-A?

Will i need to clean oil that may already be in the MP3-A out and re-lube it with a different kind of lubricant?

I only ask because i now find that my ram is sticking in the out position when i degass my marker. When i air the marker up the sear force the ram back in and i don't see any performance issues yet.

Thanks

Loguzzzzzz
04-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Oil in the asa will not hurt anything. do as you always have.

vf-xx
04-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Your pnues like oil too.

mostpeople
04-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Your penus like oil too.

:rofl:

vf-xx
04-05-2010, 05:15 PM
:rofl:

You're dirty.

Bigwooly1013
04-05-2010, 05:41 PM
now the real question is was that a typo or intended.....

vf-xx
04-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Typo.

Bigwooly1013
04-05-2010, 05:54 PM
is the ram sticking in the out position something i should be worried about?

mostpeople
04-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Typo.

Freudian slip?

I think so

vf-xx
04-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Freudian slip?

I think so

I'll Freud your slip!!! :shooting: :dance:

Nah, Big, you should be fine so long as it resets when you gas back up.

TwilightG
04-05-2010, 06:45 PM
is the ram sticking in the out position something i should be worried about?

It could be that the piston came unglued from the delrin cup/ram/whatever inside the MPA. I don't think it would be a problem since the sear will always push it back when it resets.
I suppose it could throw off the timing a little bit though...

rather than take the mpa apart to re-glue, you could try taking the frame off and pressing the piston back into the mpa to make it snug again.

the best solution would be to pull the mpa apart and re-glue the piston to the cup. (if pressing it back in isn't good enough)

if you have a steady hand, you could try removing the piston and putting a drop of crazy glue on it and press it back in without disassembling. BUT, if you get any of that glue anywhere else but inside the delrin cup, you may end up with bigger problems

Bigwooly1013
04-05-2010, 06:55 PM
actually it's not unglued i checked that today when i noticed it stuck out as it came unglued once already. It just sticks in the out position. Would you use just regular gold cup oil to lube the piston or is lube in the piston necessary?

Actually this problem has only starting occouring once i took the piston apart to reglue. There was no excess glue anywhere on the outside of the piston. So i'm thinking i may have cleaned it too well or something