PDA

View Full Version : why are warp bodies for the E-mag so much more money?

Blazini
02-06-2002, 08:54 PM
I was thinking of getting a warp body for my e-mag so I went to the online store to check on prices. Automag and classic warp bodies are $120 the warp bodies for the e-mag are $240. They are both about the same size and are made with stainless steel. They both have the same amount of welding required to attach the feed tube to the body. Where does the extra $120 come into play?

Predater
02-06-2002, 09:12 PM
the emag body is a newer thing and looks kool so it costs more. what more can i say.

FooTemps
02-06-2002, 09:18 PM
um... the warp bodies are cheaper than the normal bodies...

Blazini
02-06-2002, 09:42 PM
umm.... the warp bodies for the emag are double the price of the classic warp bodies..... guess you didn't understand my post

FooTemps
02-06-2002, 09:44 PM
ohhhh! oops!

heh heh... This is because there is more SS on an emag main body. That means there's more milling and polishing I guess....

InfinatyBPS
02-06-2002, 10:04 PM
its because of the "e" in the name "e-Mag" it seems that the stores have to add an extra $100 or more for anything that says "e" in it. duh:rolleyes:

ProjectMag
02-06-2002, 10:40 PM
I was wondering this exact same question. It's obvious that the RT Pro/Emag body has the "slanted" front to it. The minimag however has a much longer front with milled slots. To me, the minimag should cost the most because of this extra metal and milling. Does it really cost a $100 more to cut a slant on the front instead of straight like on the regular automag body?? Just curious. Tom, what's the deal on the pricing of the bodies??

gothicel
02-07-2002, 12:06 AM
can someone put up a link to the warp bodies? I don't think I have seen it b4.

ProjectMag
02-07-2002, 12:13 AM
This is a link to all the bodies in the AGD online store. Click on the one that says "Warp Feed Mainbodies"

http://store.airgun.com/acb/showprod.cfm?&DID=17&CATID=5&ObjectGroup_ID=21

AGD
02-07-2002, 02:27 AM
The cut on the front of the body has to be specially machined on a mulit axis lathe so it doesn't end up with a sharp edge. It is also honed inside and centerless ground outside.

AGD

MantisMag
02-07-2002, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by AGD
The cut on the front of the body has to be specially machined on a mulit axis lathe so it doesn't end up with a sharp edge. It is also honed inside and centerless ground outside.

AGD

wow. that sounds really cool and totally incomprehensible to most of us. :confused: i'm guessing it means "e-mag bodies are better so go buy one stupid!" :p

Blazini
02-07-2002, 09:17 AM
I guess I'll just wait for the extreem bodies. You get a body,the a.c.e.,interchangeable breeches,and last but by far from the least a regular detent instead of nubbins.