PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the highest quality Tourny pants

CatoRockwell
04-07-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm interested in purchasing some battle pants, but just so I can get a fair comparison, who do you guys think makes the best tourney pants for paintball?

Which is the most durable?
Best range of motion?
Comfort?

I bought some from special ops a few years ago, and they are holding up ok, but the pads in the knees weren't sewn in place so they are all jacked up now.

Dye seems to make really nice ones, very high price, but is it worth it? Can I get better tourney pants elsewhere?

Frizzle Fry
04-07-2010, 10:15 AM
The longest lasting I've ever had was Proto6 which are still in 100% perfect shape. Not as "pretty" as genuine DYE but padded in all the right places and made to last.

chafnerjr
04-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Most decent pants will last quite a bit of time. I've got a set of inverts that are two years old and still in great shape. However, there's a new company here in the dealers forum that makes great pants for much less than dye/proto, invert, etc. My brother just picked up a paint from APX and they are simply awesome!

Link:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248322

CatoRockwell
04-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Most decent pants will last quite a bit of time. I've got a set of inverts that are two years old and still in great shape. However, there's a new company here in the dealers forum that makes great pants for much less than dye/proto, invert, etc. My brother just picked up a paint from APX and they are simply awesome!

Link:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=248322
Yes, I saw those, APX seems like a good company, just didn't know anyone with any experience with them.

Frizzle Fry
04-07-2010, 10:24 AM
APX = Great Paint, Mediocre Clothing (in my opinion)

Whatever you do, don't go Valken.

georgeyew
04-07-2010, 10:31 AM
JT pants are pretty rugged. They last a long time.

Sumthinwicked
04-07-2010, 10:41 AM
i have 2 pair of evil from 05 and 06 lol

gunman_2000
04-07-2010, 11:15 AM
check out Mar's pant line on MCB. He works with APX, all I've heard is good stuff so far. If and when my Empire 06 pants wear out I'll be looking to get some from him. But sadly I think those Empire pants will last forever. They seem to be a pretty similar cut and style to the APX pants.

Mind you Mar's stuff is more woodsball specific I guess, but camo is still cool :P

eelz
04-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Angel A-cam pants are doing the job for me.. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

these are super,super light with strong material and the manoeuvrability in them is insane.

these are a MUST pal. :bounce: :bounce:

Dirge
04-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Love my APX pants. Also the DBD pants are made by the same company. Pricy, but well worth it.

vf-xx
04-07-2010, 12:55 PM
I like my APX Thrasher pants, but I haven't used them enough to really say about longevity yet. But I expect they'll last a while.

Keep in mind that the Thrasher's I have for sale are clearance, and when they're gone, they're gone. (new line will come out after we sell out of Thrasher's)

DBD's pants are made by APX, but Mar typically provides them with special fabric's for his line of pants. I've heard only good things about his.

That said, I have a pair of JT teams and Diablo pants, and I still think the APX is better / more comfortable. But I haven't tried other styles beyond that either, so who's to say?

MANN
04-07-2010, 02:47 PM
I have had a pair of Dye pants for 5 years now. They still have no rips/tears.

Sniper Steve
04-07-2010, 07:53 PM
The longest lasting I've ever had was Proto6 which are still in 100% perfect shape. Not as "pretty" as genuine DYE but padded in all the right places and made to last.

I have to second this, the 06 Proto pants hold up very well.

zeroack
04-08-2010, 07:48 AM
I've had Proto's, Jt's and Dye's over the last 6-7 years. The Jt's have really stood the test of time. The Proto's have held up well, but aren't as comfortable as the Jt's or Dye's. The Dye's just have too much crud on them. Give me a good set of pants with padded knees, a good closer at the waist, pockets and places for misc equipment and I'm good. I don't need all the huge plastic bits running all over or huge logo's.

Zero

fsrxc1
04-08-2010, 07:50 AM
APX = Great Paint, Mediocre Clothing (in my opinion)

Whatever you do, don't go Valken.

Why not Valken...I have played 2 seasons of xball and also 7 man l in my valkens and they have lasted quite well.....they are light, comfortable and look pretty good

Frizzle Fry
04-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Why not Valken...I have played 2 seasons of xball and also 7 man l in my valkens and they have lasted quite well.....they are light, comfortable and look pretty good

No stitching problems? I've seen entire sections go missing without damage to the material.

fsrxc1
04-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Nope none...and if you know my teams since you are from mass also..we practice pretty hard...woburn monsters/section 8...lots of sliding, diving, running every week...they have held up pretty great!!

sithos
04-09-2010, 04:49 PM
I've got empire 08 contact pants in desert camo, simply because they had a sale on that one color cause no one else wanted it.
Really great pants. A bit heavy, but fantastic padding and so far they seem 100% bomb proof. I've gone through 3 sets of empire knee pads. I love the feel of the ground pounder pads (can hardly tell you have them on) but they don't last.

TnDeathInc
04-09-2010, 09:15 PM
I have had a pair of Dye pants for 5 years now. They still have no rips/tears.

i have some 04 and 05 dye tourney pants same as above.\\ \

i have some JT pants i have to sew on everytime i use them

durtysoufcraka
04-13-2010, 08:49 PM
I picked up a pair of dead stock dye C6's on ebay for half price and they've lasted several seasons now and still work great. I like their looks and I'm a hard sliding tournament front man. I recommend going my route and looking for a pair of c8's on ebay brand new (just 2 years old) for a good price.
-durty

Dayn
04-13-2010, 09:19 PM
check out Mar's pant line on MCB. He works with APX, all I've heard is good stuff so far. If and when my Empire 06 pants wear out I'll be looking to get some from him. But sadly I think those Empire pants will last forever. They seem to be a pretty similar cut and style to the APX pants.

Mind you Mar's stuff is more woodsball specific I guess, but camo is still cool :P

Deadbox Before Dishonor (Mar's company) does offer an all black pant (what I use) that's pretty fantastic. You can either pm Mar on mcb (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/index.php) or email him through his website http://www.deadboxbeforedishonor.com/index.php?page=home.

vf-xx
04-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Deadbox Before Dishonor (Mar's company) does offer an all black pant (what I use) that's pretty fantastic. You can either pm Mar on mcb (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/index.php) or email him through his website http://www.deadboxbeforedishonor.com/index.php?page=home.

I can get black pants done too through APX.

MoeMag
04-14-2010, 01:32 AM
I am wearing a pair of Dye '04 hybrid pants right now. :headbang:

They are awesome. The nylon on the knees are a little fuzzy, but other than that... they look pretty much brand new.

Watcher
04-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Loving my Planet Eclipse '10 Distortion gear. The only thing I dislike about the pants is that the 2 front "slit" pockets don't zip closed.

Material is awesome, venting is awesome, padding is awesome, fit is awesome, squeegee pockets are pretty good, and the pod elastic works well.

I had a review posted of it on another forum, but it is temporarily suspended right now for some reason.
It would appear that the forum owner didn't pay the bill on time...

halB
04-16-2010, 05:52 PM
I don't wear paintball pants (I wear old rave pants) but my friend does. His dyes have lasted for years and years. I mean years. I couldn't imagine buying a different brand. And he wears them all the time for work.

paint magnet
04-19-2010, 09:56 PM
I currently have a pair of WDP pants that I'm not extremely fond of. I bought these in 05 I think, and they have seen about 2 years of frequent play. The kneepads aren't very well designed (they have 4 seams which intersect in the middle of the knee, the largest wear point). They are also rather heavy and hot.

When I got the WDP pants I sold my Dye Core Division pants (2003?) to a friend. As far as I know he's still got them, but I expect a more serious player would have worn them out by now.

I'll be looking for a much lighter, more well-vented pair of pants when my WDP ones wear out.

Frizzle Fry
04-19-2010, 11:33 PM
I currently have a pair of WDP pants that I'm not extremely fond of. I bought these in 05 I think, and they have seen about 2 years of frequent play. The kneepads aren't very well designed (they have 4 seams which intersect in the middle of the knee, the largest wear point). They are also rather heavy and hot.

When I got the WDP pants I sold my Dye Core Division pants (2003?) to a friend. As far as I know he's still got them, but I expect a more serious player would have worn them out by now.

I'll be looking for a much lighter, more well-vented pair of pants when my WDP ones wear out.

The "kneepads" on the 05 AirTime line were more like shin pads. The new A-Cams are like that still, but the Pro series is a little more knee friendly.