PDA

View Full Version : Bored Enough to Buy

Aslan
04-08-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm currently "between jobs" so I have alot of time on my hands during the day. I spend alot of time looking at paintball websites....which makes me want to play...but I can't because I'd go broke playing every weekend.

However, I find myself seeing all kinds of cool paintball stuff to buy or on auction and I'm so bored that I'm actually picking up this item or that item. Not so much because I "need" it, but because I'm bored.

Recently I found an RT Pro for just over $300. Normally I'd just pass it over as "too expensive"...but this RT Pro comes with 2 68/4500 tanks...one with a Dynaflow and one with a MaxFlo. The tanks are out of hydro, but still, these tanks alone would go for $100 each easy on most auction sites. And that drops the price you're really paying for the RT Pro to roughly $100.

Do I need another marker? No. Do I need more air tanks? No. But could I put those two tanks to good use? Yes. And do I "want" another marker? Yes.

Ugghh. Such a good deal. But if I get it, then I'll need to get an Intelliframe ($75), and then another Warp ($125), and another Revy ($24), and a Level 10 ($75), and a drop forward ($15), and modify it for Intellifeed ($15)....so I'm looking at another $300 in parts to get it where I want it. :(

cockerpunk
04-08-2010, 02:10 PM
if your out of work - flip them.

Konigballer
04-08-2010, 02:17 PM
So you don't have a job yet your going to spend a few hundred dollars on paintball stuff..because your bored?

Sorry to be realistic, but unless you mooch of your parents I would quite wasting time and money on paintball stuff and actually focus on trying to get a job. Priorities...

Aslan
04-08-2010, 02:41 PM
You guys are so realistic that it's a buzzkill. :(

But that's cool. That's what I've been telling myself which is why I haven't bought the thing. It's not that the $300 would kill me, it's just that once I start working again I can see myself looking back on this deal and wishing I'd have done it. Especially when I'm looking at buying a new Flatline ($175) or a used 68/4500 Max Flo ($150) down the road and I'm realizing I could have had a free RT Pro.

Oh well, you guys are keeping me in line, so thanks. :cheers:

Smoothice
04-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Don't listen to them!

Buy buy buy.

Matter of fact if you are bored I got plenty of stuff you can buy :p

If in reality you can buy it and flip it then why the hell not? A few bucks in flipping is better then $0. But just make sure you are realistic. For example all those parts you just listed to modify the marker are pretty high.

BiNumber3
04-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Don't RT pro's come with Intelli's? or did some come with the cf frame?

Wll, if u have the cash, i'd say go for it, but if you'd have to put it on credit, then don't unless u intend to turn em around the moment u get em.

boy scout
04-08-2010, 09:36 PM
BUY BUY BUY!!! And remember you can sell plasma for like 50-80 bucks a week(I just turned 18 so this will be my new way of funding paintball).
A case of paint entry/air and gas money. Or just play pump and get a new gun every few months.

Aslan
04-08-2010, 11:06 PM
Don't hate on Konig, he's the "Angel on my shoulder" reminding me that a 3rd Mag is probably lower on my priority list than I want it to be...he's being "wise".

I guess the real point of my thread was, have you ever been so bored (maybe during paintball offseason or between dates of play) that you spend way too much time on the forums or (in my case) buying this or that. I know I can't be the only one because I've seen a ton of gun whores on here...

I'm definitely a gun whore...and I'm the worst kind because I tend to buy all different kinds of markers, fix them up, then sell them for less than what I put into them. After the PM5 and Minimag...I told myself that was it...then this darn Automag RT showed up for sale... :mad:

kcombs9
04-09-2010, 07:35 AM
Don't hate on Konig, he's the "Angel on my shoulder" reminding me that a 3rd Mag is probably lower on my priority list than I want it to be...he's being "wise".

I guess the real point of my thread was, have you ever been so bored (maybe during paintball offseason or between dates of play) that you spend way too much time on the forums or (in my case) buying this or that. I know I can't be the only one because I've seen a ton of gun whores on here...

I'm definitely a gun whore...and I'm the worst kind because I tend to buy all different kinds of markers, fix them up, then sell them for less than what I put into them. After the PM5 and Minimag...I told myself that was it...then this darn Automag RT showed up for sale... :mad:

I agree, I serf the forums like crazy when I can't play. I don't buy new gun's and whored them... I just completely over haul my current gun into something far from what I ended last year with. Then sell all the old parts. soon as I get all my stuff back from Mongoose I can start my paint ball season.

Only draw back to my method is I don't have a gun to use when things take longer then anticipated :rolleyes:

Konigballer
04-09-2010, 07:46 AM

When I wrote that I thought everyone else would be as practical as I was in my post, forgetting the fact that AO is made up largely of gun-whore crackheads!

Now I end up sounding like Jimminy Cricket.. :(

Do what you will, but remember that mags will always be there after you get your financial life in order. Maybe not that particualar mag, but another with just as much potential. :argh:

68calsportz
04-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Aslan...good buddy. You are not the only one who spends way to much time on paintball related stuff. Since i was like sixteen (35 now)i have been completely obsessed with paintball. I cant even begin to tell you how many times i would go to work and be on the internet the entire day checking out paintball stuff or looking for deals. Eventhough i did not need anything. Even if i wasnt playing as much at a certain point in my life ie:in between jobs,school, or just broke. I still would be on-line spending countless hours checking out all the cool gadgets this sport has to offer. Paintball is the best and to be honest i would not know what to do with myself if it wasnt for pb. Anyways, i guess what im trying to say is dont feel bad about picking up another mag....because if you dont i will. :headbang:

peace
68calsportz

Smoothice
04-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Now I end up sounding like Jimminy Cricket.. :(

:rofl:

zondo
04-09-2010, 10:50 AM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246555&highlight=disease

You are not alone... pay attention to the epic post #19.

Aslan
04-09-2010, 11:54 AM
My problem is that I'm stuck in that uncomfortable place between seeing a deal that is too good to pass up and the eventual buyers remorse. It's like on Ebay when you're the winning bidder, and you get sniped at the last minute...so you're mad. :cuss: But then in the same situation you enter in a higher bid at the last minute and end up sniping someone else and then you got that sick feeling because now you gotta pay for it. :(

I keep thinking about what I have that I can sell to make up the cost.

- Spyder
- Model 98
- Autococker project
- Gear Bag

But where does that bring me? Not close enough to $300... :( I suppose if I got the RT I wouldn't need my classic anymore....might be able to get some money if I part it out...but I love that gun...it was my first Mag and it works flawlessly, I'd cry if I had to get rid of it.

WWJD? Well, I like to think Jesus loves Mags... :hail:

Smoothice
04-09-2010, 12:28 PM
WWJD? Well, I like to think Jesus loves Mags... :hail:

If Jesus was to play paintball I am certain it would be with a mag! When I go to heaven I will test this theory :cool:

I plan on being buried with at least 3.

kcombs9
04-09-2010, 01:07 PM
If Jesus was to play paintball I am certain it would be with a mag! When I go to heaven I will test this theory :cool:

I plan on being buried with at least 3.

He wouldn't need a paintball gun, he would just flick them with his fingers at a perfect 300fps. and a consistent 13bps...

Aslan
04-09-2010, 01:42 PM
He wouldn't need a paintball gun, he would just flick them with his fingers at a perfect 300fps. and a consistent 13bps...

Nah...he'd definitely use a warp...probably fed with a Revy from back when Revy's were made well.

Aslan
04-09-2010, 01:47 PM
I went after it. I was 1 minute away from getting an RT Automag (used 3 times), a 68/4500 w/Max Flo, and a 68/4500 w/Dynaflow for just under $240. :)

But...I got bid sniped and somebody took it for $280. :cuss:

So, no buyer's remorse...just "bidder's" remorse. Would have been nice to add an RT to the collection...and I really wanted those tanks because my Minimag Retro Valve is being way too much of a gas hog for me to keep using my 47/3000...but oh well. Now I don't have to face an angry wife... :nono: