PDA

View Full Version : Msv-1 leak

skyless
04-09-2010, 02:46 PM
I was rearranging my lpr (rock) location on my gforce frame today with new hoses and barbs. While making sure all my connections were solid, I discovered 2 leaks in the msv-1. It's the brass part of the pneumatics. The pin that the trigger presses on has 2 small pressure release holes and the side one is constantly leaking. Also, the bigger screw on the back lets out air constantly too.
I'm kinda figuring that the back screw is adjustable and controls how far the front pin travels and is not letting it sit right. Before I go putting some elbow grease into this it would be nice to know if there is any wisdom on this issue, and how to fix it correctly.
Yes I did oil it up real good thinking I could seal the leaks with no luck.

my automag
04-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Ok, msv1- different from msv2 by not having the cut away portions, lever and holes for it’s pin.
If it’s leaking out the back slotted screw, most likely you will have to try to brake the red Lock-Tite :mad: off, if any used, mine had some, and unscrew it.
After you remove it, carefully to not slip with the flat head screwdriver and not strip the slot for it, or hurt yourself by pushing on it and slipping out, you can clean everything if dirty.

Possible reason for leak from the front trigger rod hole, and both pressure release holes is if the little black o ring on the piston rod is dirty or damaged inside the msv1 or 2.

After cleaning put everything back in. Smooth trigger pin rod, piston rod with black o-ring on it in, and spring small end in first, last the leaky slotted screw. You can put some Teflon tape on it carefully not to put to much too far inside the msv1 or 2.
The slotted screw can go in flush, or a millimetre either way in or out of the air chamber opening.
I believe the farther in it would be, making the air chamber a little bit smaller, the faster the reaction of the msv’s would be, but not allot. Not too sure though. It shouldn’t affect the front holes leaking.

Oil the msv up fresh again and you should be good to go.
Now after you put it all back together and if it still leaks out the pressure holes it probably means that the timing is off, the trigger rod is being pushed too far in while the trigger is sitting in released position.

Hopefully you can adjust that by shortening it a tiny bit, or moving it back.
Good luck, hope this helps, and keep posted about your progress.