PDA

View Full Version : need help with my mag rail

keiko_819
04-09-2010, 09:38 PM
i am a recreational paintballer and fell in love with my first 68 classic i got for my birthday 5+ years ago...i dont know if it is still considered a classic 68...x valve, ule body, intelliframe grip, expansion and drop forward...the rail is the only original part from my gun.....anyhow i bought a aftermarket rail from a paintball shop and after about a week of trying everything to make it work on my mag i gave up and recently bought an rt pro-x it fits that but there are two long slots on either end of the rail(after the feild strip screw and infront of the screw that the frame mounts to)....i dont think i can use it because there is no pin sticking up where the twist and lock barrel should go...just wondering if there are parts that can make my rail usable of if by chance it is a rail for an emag....there is a fish on the front left of the rail if that helps at all....thank you very much for the help

DevilMan
04-09-2010, 11:33 PM
You got a Tuna Rail..

And no you can't use it with a classid body for twistlocks.

You can use it with an ULE body no problem.

You say you have a ULE body right? I think the issue you have is the front grip won't mount correct?

The classic rail uses a single bolt for the vert ASA. That rail you will need a RT style ASA. It uses 2 smaller bolts to hold onto the rail. The slot cut into the front of the rail is not large enough to allow the larger diameter of the single screw Vert ASA. PLUS the vert ASA is most likely WINGED. You'll need a flat top or RT style Vert ASA and bolts. That should fix you right up.

BTW, you are down between where I lived in CA and where Xero28 lives... He's down in SLO. He can help you out with any mag issues you may come up with. Where do you play at? I don't know of any fields in your area.

DM

Beemer
04-10-2010, 06:16 AM
Do you understand now Keiko?

With the ule body you should have a threaded barrel and dont need the twist lock pin on the rail. Can you post pics of the rails and body you have?