PDA

View Full Version : Dye I4's ?

going_home
04-10-2010, 07:23 PM
What do you guys think of the Invision 4 goggles ?

I've been using Profilers for years because they are about the only ones
I can easily fit the specs in and out of. But I've never owned and Dye masks before.

I picked up a like new black I4 w/yellow lense on Craigslist for 1/2 the price
of a new one yesterday.
Fits on and off over the glasses nicely but boy it sure doesnt cover the chin of a
big headed fat guy too well.

The lens was a bit scratched inside and out and it appeared to be fogged badly.
So I went down to the local paintball shop to price lenses and found out the I4's
come with a film on the inside of the lens that needs to be peeled off before use.
I tried on a new set with yellow lenses and they had the same "fog" problem.

I had to print the manual off the Dye website, couldnt figure out how to get the lense off.

Apparently the guy had been using them with that film on the lense the whole time.

Well the Profilers do cover a bit more chin and the lenses are easier to get off but
I am going to try the I4's next saturday at a scenario and see how they wear under fire.

What are AO's thoughts on the I4's ?

:confused:

Nick28
04-11-2010, 07:47 AM
I've had the I4's for over a year now.

Pros:
No Fog
More comfortable than cheaper mask
Smal so you can breath easy

Cons:
Small

I was shot on the jaw bone last year with the on and it wasn't good time.

Sniper Steve
04-11-2010, 12:04 PM
I used the profiler for years thinking it was the best mask that I had ever used. When I started using the I4's I switched completely. I hear complaints about the size all the time but I think that is what makes them great. I took a Jaw shot and survived just fine. The visibility and mobility of them makes them one of the great masks on the market. My only complaint is that it doesn't have a visor, I get some glare inside when the sun is just right.

Nick28
04-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Don't get me wrong, I was fine. It just felt like someone jacked me in the jaw for about 5 minutes.

Pha|anx
04-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Love my I4s; small, light, quick lens change, and good FOV. Allthough I did just pick up two more Flexes...

Oregon_pb_
04-11-2010, 03:26 PM
got brand new ones sitting on the shelf, haven't used in probably 6 months. but then again, i haven't played in that period either :D

End of this month i'll be at Warpaints supergame in Oregon, like always. I'm looking forward to using them

kumijia
04-11-2010, 08:44 PM
I always wanted an invision since they came out. When they came out i wore glasses all the time, and was worried they would interfere. I still don't have one yet........

going_home
04-11-2010, 08:54 PM
I always wanted an invision since they came out. When they came out i wore glasses all the time, and was worried they would interfere. I still don't have one yet........

V-Force Profilers are good with specs.
Thats the only comfortable one I found that I could put the mask on and off without
it taking the specs off with it. Used them since they came out.

Until the I4 I picked up saturday, no problem with specs with them either.
Getting the lense out is a pain though compared to the Profilers.

;)

Pha|anx
04-13-2010, 01:20 PM
In principle it should be easier. In reality... At least with mine, one side always gives me trouble with the lens clip.

Mr. Mouse
04-13-2010, 01:35 PM
ill stick with my proflex's or profilers ;)

bojangles1983
04-13-2010, 01:45 PM
^^ took the words out of my mouth...

Konigballer
04-14-2010, 12:11 PM
I got the I3 thermal and love it. I chose it over the I4 specifically because I do have a big head :p

It has given me zero fogging issues, quite unlike my Profiler, which is now a loaner mask.