PDA

View Full Version : A little tech help

murdercrow
04-10-2010, 08:17 PM
I tried to find this stuff elsewhere, but it just wasn't happening.

It's been a while since I got to play, so I'm a little rusty on my tech. Any help would be appreciated.

Looking to put in a little trigger time/practice just to get into the swing again, but no chrony. I know WHERE to adjust velocity, but which direction is which? I think it might be WAYYY up.

After gassing it up for the first time in about a year or more, it had an INSANE amount of air going down the barrel. I finally remembered that I'd put in my extra ULT shims, and so I took them out, which fixed it. Also, it seems I only got like 6 shims... which doesn't matter right now, because I can only get the thing to work with 3 anyway. But the whole thing seems stiffer now. Trigger pull is way heavier than I remember, and the anti-chop actually hurts my finger now, when before I could barely feel the bugger. It also doesn't like to reset without another trigger pull when I engage the anti-chop. What can I do to lighten the trigger pull and make things seem a little smoother? I think I read that if I use a different spring, I might be able to use more shims or something...

I got pretty good at walking the trigger when I was in practice, and before it started acting so weird, but it's hard now. I understand that the ULT can only do so much, so I'm interested in finally making it a pneumag. I still can find the link Druid sent me like a year ago, but since I'm just a LITTLE techtarded, I was hoping to find someone that would be willing to give me a shopping list and cost estimate, and probably do the installation for me. I sent someone a picture of the inside of the grip a while ago, because I understand that it needs specific milling to accept the 3-way and what not. He seemed to think it was already milled, but didn't sound 100%. I've got an 08 RT Custom ULE, but I can post the pictures if that doesn't really tell you anything.

Not 'Mag related, but I understand that the EggIII doesn't really like regular nine volts (Duracell, Energizer, etc....), and mine sure as hell doesn't seem to. Even with fresh batteries, it won't cycle more than half the time! I heard there was a battery that was specifically targeted at loaders, anyone got a name for me?

athomas
04-10-2010, 09:52 PM
If the velocity is turned up too high, it can cause the trigger pull to be heavier and it will make the bolt hit harder. You turn the adjuster counter clockwise to adjust the velocity down and clockwise to adjust it up.

Take all shims out of the level 10 when tuning it.

Put lots of ULT shims in the ULT. If it starts sticking or going full auto, remove the extra shim or two that caused it. Remember, the ULT shims are 0.005" thick and the level 10 shims are 0.010" thick.

murdercrow
04-12-2010, 02:23 AM
That makes sense, as far as the velocity and trigger pull. The thing is, I turned it down a TON when I had the extra shims in, and it didn't do anything. Kept leaking super hard. I'm not sure if I even HAVE any L10 shims on...

And I guess I found a good place for my Pneu stuff, so don't worry about answering those questions. I'd still like some input for the other stuff though...

athomas
04-12-2010, 08:55 AM
That makes sense, as far as the velocity and trigger pull. The thing is, I turned it down a TON when I had the extra shims in, and it didn't do anything. Kept leaking super hard. I'm not sure if I even HAVE any L10 shims on...Yes, if there are too many shims in the ULT, then the on-off doesn't close and air pressure keeps the bolt from resetting, so it just vents air down the barrel.