PDA

View Full Version : ~*~ WestWard Expansion ~*~ aka RoadTrip from Hell!!!!

DevilMan
04-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Alright just a quickie here... I'm in KY right now, I plan to be back in the NorCal/Monterey, CA area no later than late on the 26th of April. Yes that's a few weeks out. The current plan is to leave here (KY) on 19, burn to Charlotte, NC to visit parental unit, then leave 20 or 21 to Whitmire, SC to see sibling unit, then on 22 go down to Kings Bay, GA to visit a cousin for the night. Leave early on 23, and head down to Jacksonville, FL area to start the CC50. Look up Iron Butt Association for more info. The short is, it's coast to coast in 50 hours or less.

Hit Santa Monica, CA early on the 25th... Maybe lay over, nap, rest, etc there for a few hours and then head north to Monterey.

The reason I'm posting this up, is because I know there are some of you along the way.... If you don't mind would you PM me your city and phone that I can text you on if you are along the way or near it. In case I run into trouble and what not. I hope to not have to get in touch with anyone, but just in case. I don't know where I'll lay over at, as I'll more than likely sleep on the street when I have to nap... No time for a hotel or sleep over really.

If you are along the way and can stand a house guest or offer a shower or just assistance in general if need be, please put that in the PM.

And if you are along the I-10 corridor and see some fool in a red/black aerostich, with a yellow helmet on a silver bike wish him luck!!!! And if ya see him with a popo behind him, PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO GET ME OUTTA JAIL!!!! :D

DM

zondo
04-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Do you know when on the 23rd in Jax?

I'll be outta here that evening... maybe I'll be able to give you a high five at a Waffle House :D

DevilMan
04-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Do you know when on the 23rd in Jax?

I'll be outta here that evening... maybe I'll be able to give you a high five at a Waffle House :D

Should be early AM... not sure exactly... Depends on how much rest I can get beforehand as after I punch the clock to head out, I'll be hammer down all the way til I burn out... :D

I'll be leaving from Jax beach area though... Near Neptune Beach... gotta get gas/receipt from the area, so a waffle house would work... As long as they don't ring it up til I'm out the door! :D

But yeah, I'm up for some grub!

DM

lasrsktr
04-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Should be early AM... not sure exactly... Depends on how much rest I can get beforehand as after I punch the clock to head out, I'll be hammer down all the way til I burn out... :D

I'll be leaving from Jax beach area though... Near Neptune Beach... gotta get gas/receipt from the area, so a waffle house would work... As long as they don't ring it up til I'm out the door! :D

But yeah, I'm up for some grub!

DM

Dude...

Live and work in santa monica..

you should stop by....

~Steven

DevilMan
04-16-2010, 09:23 PM
Dude...

you should stop by....

~Steven

I would love to take you up on that deal man! If it's the weekend maybe even get in some ballin... BUT the dates have changed... Some stuff has come up here that is going to put me a week or so on out... The route and trip remain the same, only the time has changed.

If I can hit you up for a shower and a spot on the floor or some place I can take a nap I think that'd be the best goin! That and then we can get some YOSHINOYA!!!!! :D

I lvoe that stuff BTW....

Thank you! Shoot me your contact number if you don't mind... I'll put it in my phone. I'll update this thread as I make progress and for sure will post up before I hit the road.

Thank you!

DM

zondo
04-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Sorry, DM... I was :cuss: and elbows trying to get out of town on Friday...

DevilMan
04-28-2010, 08:55 AM
No worries man... I'm still tryin to get out... haven't left KY yet... :( Oh well... At least a project will be done when I leave here!

You gonna be back in the Jax area? Or you out for good?

No worries either way man.

DM

BigEvil
04-29-2010, 09:07 AM
Hey DM, should have planned it to be in the NJ area on May 22 :) Would love to have ya'.

zondo
04-29-2010, 07:56 PM
No worries man... I'm still tryin to get out... haven't left KY yet... :( Oh well... At least a project will be done when I leave here!

You gonna be back in the Jax area? Or you out for good?

No worries either way man.

DM

I'll be back in Jax this weekend for the next couple of years... ;)

DevilMan
05-14-2010, 10:29 PM
Wellllllllllllll.... I'm down in Kings Bay, GA right now... Got in here this evening, then went out for a rather eventful dinner...

Anywho... Looks like I'll be leaving here and heading west... not gonna drop down to Jax beach area... just gonna hit the beach here and get going... not sure when just yet, but next couple of days.

DM

zondo
05-14-2010, 11:29 PM
Wellllllllllllll.... I'm down in Kings Bay, GA right now... Got in here this evening, then went out for a rather eventful dinner...

Anywho... Looks like I'll be leaving here and heading west... not gonna drop down to Jax beach area... just gonna hit the beach here and get going... not sure when just yet, but next couple of days.

DM

:)
Fine then...

Are you hitting the 10 all the way, or are you sticking to non-interstates?

DevilMan
05-15-2010, 08:18 PM
:)
Fine then...

Are you hitting the 10 all the way, or are you sticking to non-interstates?

Will be 10 all the way... running the CC50... Coast to Coast in 50 hours or less. So stop for gas and go...

I'll be around tomorrow as well... more than likely hit it hard Monday AM.

You gonna be in the area, drop me a note...

DM

DevilMan
05-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Dude...

you should stop by....

~Steven

Hey man!!!!

Shoot me your digits via PM if you don't mind... plan on leaving GA in the AM, and will be in Santa Monica I would guess early morning on Wed... Maybe late Tue, but more than likely early AM Wed. It shows 40 hours of a drive, if I do it in 16 at a time with a 3-4 hour nap in there somewhere...

Anyway, get me your contact man... when I hop offline in the AM I won't be back on until I get to Monterey, CA.

woot woot!!! Road Trip!!!

DM

zondo
05-21-2010, 09:07 PM
So did you make it on time? 50 hours coast-coast is rough!

DevilMan
05-22-2010, 11:19 AM
So did you make it on time? 50 hours coast-coast is rough!

I don't think I did man... was a few hours over it. I had some electrical gremlins jump on and take a ride with me... aka no dash, no headlight, no tail/brake and no signals... sooooo... got it to headlight only and kept going. But futzing around with it cost me time and blah blah...

I think it was somewhere like 54-56... not sure yet, as I've not calculated all of it.. but I did make it to Monterey, CA. Made it to Santa Monica, CA at 0130 on Thursday AM I think it was...

Anywho... still gotta iron out the details of what the time was and such. But will be doing that later... now I'm headed to TAG... :D Play some PB maybe.

DM

SCpoloRicker
05-22-2010, 03:47 PM
If you make it up to the Bay Area, feel free to hit me up. I'm in downtown San Jose.