PDA

View Full Version : Political Humor

Tracy_ptp
04-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Republican or Democrat?

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered her altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am." The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.

She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican." "I am,"replied the man. "How did you know?" "Well," answered the balloonist, everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."

The man smiled and responded, "You must be a Democrat." "I am,"replied the balloonist. "How did you know?" "Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you're going. You've risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met but, somehow, now it's my fault."

going_home
04-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Its true.
America is broken and neither party has the intestinal fortitude to even try and fix it.
One in particular just passed a power grab bill they called "health care" is pushing America off the cliff.
China or Russia will eventually fix it for good if Americans dont.

Sad.

:(

Lohman446
04-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Don't take it personally Tracy, some of these guys are really good at learning the talking points. They have no sense of humor. I thought it was funny.

vf-xx
04-13-2010, 01:15 PM
I laughed.

maniacmechanic
04-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Don't take it personally Tracy, some of these guys are really good at learning the talking points. They have no sense of humor. I thought it was funny.

GH has fallen on hard times like a lot of us , he tends to look for truths in things instead of humor ( from what i've seen )

As far as the humor goes , it was funny ( from a conservitive POV )

I'll bet on China , but not till they pry my cold dead fingers from ,,,,

teufelhunden
04-13-2010, 08:17 PM
That lat/lon is somewhere in Merzton, TX. Just west of rt 67.

DevilMan
04-13-2010, 10:45 PM

bwahahhaaa... and someone actually went and figured it out... now THATS funny!

DM

snoopay700
04-13-2010, 11:59 PM
The joke makes no sense then, there's no water for a boat there!

Oh wait, it doesn't mention water, it just said he was in a boat. Seems neither person was really bright.

Tracy_ptp
04-14-2010, 08:12 AM
You guys are funny!!

I don't worry if people take it to serious. The heading did say "humor"

vf-xx
04-14-2010, 09:44 AM
The joke makes no sense then, there's no water for a boat there!

Oh wait, it doesn't mention water, it just said he was in a boat. Seems neither person was really bright.

Actually, there is 'SOME' water nearby, but I don't think that the elevation is that high.

snoopay700
04-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Actually, there is 'SOME' water nearby, but I don't think that the elevation is that high.
I see no body of water big enough for a boat at those coordinates. Besides, i was making a funny about how people who insult others based on things like this tend to be morons on both sides.

classicmagplayer
04-14-2010, 02:51 PM
I love that there is a "Williams for Governor" add at the top of the page.