PDA

View Full Version : A little lost.

OPBN
04-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Set up:
Emag valve with a ult. 3 shims in the ULT. Also has lvl 10. Looks to be a #0 carrier (no dots or grooves) and 2 shims. Gold spring, and I have the correct clear bumper. Trigger pin is approx 1 business card thickness from back of the trigger. Emag body with the pim ground down to fit the classic rail. Intelliframe.

Originally, I was using a slide check from a remote as an on/off, but thought it was starving the valve and causing shootdown, so I took it out of the equation and went directly from the tank to the valve. Still getting what I would call shootdown. If I shoot one shot per second, I am golden, no worries. If I start trying higher ROF, I can get maybe 2-3 shots per second and than it starts losing steam. Seems like it is starving for air. I have tried readjusting the trigger pin, removing shims from the ULT, and tightening/loosening the field strip screw with no real effect. I have checked the FPS and it's within the right range on the first shot. Loses pressure on the ones after, but only a few FPS like normal.

Valve is clean. I took it apart and cleaned/oiled everything. There was a bit of teflon tape in the valve pin, but I took it out and don't see anymore anywhere.

What next?

vf-xx
04-14-2010, 10:41 AM
More details on the remote set up? Coiled hose or straight SS? Is it the thick SS or the skinny SS?

What's your tank output pressure.

In 'theory' your remote line acts as an air reservoir and takes some amount of time to recharge. Again, in theory the more bends your line has the more of a recharge issue you'll have (IE more line losses).

From personal experience, I used to run a Geddon remoted to a X-valve with ULT. I had to run about 1k output to get it running smoothly with just a hint of RT effect.

A way to check, would be to put the tank on gun and see what happens. if the problem goes away, you know that your problem is in the remote set up.

OPBN
04-14-2010, 10:47 AM
As I mentioned, I removed the slide check out of the equation and am running directly from the tank with a simple QD and macroline. Still the same thing. Current air source just to get it running is a Hyperflow reg set around 1k psi output.

I am not looking for RT effect, I am simply trying to get it to shoot more than 2 or 3 shots/second without it puking balls out the barrel after the 4th or 5th shot.

Could it be the LvlX? Should I move up a carrier or two?

Bigwooly1013
04-14-2010, 11:28 AM
had this problem and it was actually my ASA had the macroline fitting in too far and it was restricting air flow. backed it out 1 full turn no more shootdown. Just an idea. :cheers:

OPBN
04-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Not using an ASA. I am going directly from the tank out put on the Hyperflow to a quick disconnect to a macroline elbow, to macroline to another macroline elbow, directly into the valve.

I also just took the level X apart and swapped out carriers to a 1.5. No difference.

vf-xx
04-14-2010, 11:45 AM
As I mentioned, I removed the slide check out of the equation and am running directly from the tank with a simple QD and macroline. Still the same thing. Current air source just to get it running is a Hyperflow reg set around 1k psi output.

I am not looking for RT effect, I am simply trying to get it to shoot more than 2 or 3 shots/second without it puking balls out the barrel after the 4th or 5th shot.

Could it be the LvlX? Should I move up a carrier or two?

well, if was a carrier problem I'd expect to hear leaking down the barrel, and I'm not sure why it would act differently based on speed of shot. Recharge issues lead me to think: On/off assembly, Reg seat/pin, and tank recharge rate.

Daze
04-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Not using an ASA. I am going directly from the tank out put on the Hyperflow to a quick disconnect to a macroline elbow, to macroline to another macroline elbow, directly into the valve.

And thats a lot of fittings to get teflon in, etc. I would check at least the one going into the valve.

OPBN
04-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Ok, must be something with the ULT. I swapped out the Emag valve with my Xvalve/ult to insure it wasnt something to do with body clearance etc. X valve works like a champ. Won't RT, but does fires without losing pressure. I than took the ULT from the Xvalve, put it in the Emag valve and it works well as well. I than tried the X valve with the ULT that came with the EMag valve and the problem reappears. Problem appears to be with the ULT that came with the Emag valve. I did notice earlier that when I took all of the shims out of the ULT that came with the EMag valve, that it did not want to fire. It now has three shims in it. The ULT from the Xvalve that works with both valves has 6 shims in it.

So I just took all the shims from the Xvalve ULT and put them in the ULT that came with the Emag valve and put them in Emag valve. Seems to have fixed the issue... I always thought putting more shims into the ULT simply made it a lighter pull and when you put too many in, it made it not shoot. Must be the other way around?

And I just hooked everything back up including the ASA/slide check assembly and it all works.... Even the X valve works with only running 3 shims. I am so confused. :confused:

Ando
04-14-2010, 01:49 PM
You must have a very long pin. Adding shims basically shorten it

You are right about the lighter trigger pull but if you add too many, it'll cause the on/off to leak or cause the marker to go full auto.

Good job on the trouble shooting. :cheers:

OPBN
04-14-2010, 01:56 PM
You must have a very long pin. Adding shims basically shorten it

You are right about the lighter trigger pull but if you add too many, it'll cause the on/off to leak or cause the marker to go full auto.

Good job on the trouble shooting. :cheers:
And that's what I thought, but now the Emag valve with 6 shims in it isn't really that light of a pull, which I don't really care that much about, and oddly enough, the Xvalve now with only 3 shims actually feels better than it did before. Going to go and get my tanks refilled.... again, and fiddle with it some more tomorrow.

maniacmechanic
04-14-2010, 03:50 PM
ULT's have awful thin pins , check to see if it is just a little bent , I've seen guys bend them pulling a valve when they forgot to seat the pin

OPBN
04-14-2010, 04:39 PM
^^^^ I'll have to check that.

Ando
04-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Hold on...Both markers have ULT's? I'm a douche :rofl: Though I read somewhere about at stock on/off...That's what I get for reading threads back to back. :rolleyes: Forget what I said about the longer pin.

If all else fails just replace all the orings and do what maniacmechanic said There should be no reason why one is working better then the other.