PDA

View Full Version : RT valve with ULT kit?

big poppa fluff
04-15-2010, 07:34 AM
I'm looking for the best way to set up a project gun I'm building, and I have a few questions.

1. I want to have a RT that really rips like this one RTing Monster (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6D7NruAuVc) (thanks maninblack), If I put a ULT kit in it will it do better or worse?

2. What pin would RT better, a .712 or .750?

3. Would a ULT kit make a pneu trigger work better?

4. Can you put a ULT kit in a classic valve?

Any help on these questions would be great. I'm just don't want to dump a load of cash on something I''m not going to be satisfied with.

Thanks.

athomas
04-15-2010, 12:18 PM
The ULT will slow down the recharge and reduce the RT effect.

A shorter pin works better at being reactive. Be careful not to get too short. Use the 0.712" pin, but also use the quad oring to reduce friction and to effectively add length to the pin. The 0.712" pin with the quad oring is the same as a 0.725" pin with standard oring.

Depending on your setup, the ULT may or may not work with a pneumag. The pneumag requires the pin to provide the resetting force for the actuator. The ULT has less force but also allows you to dial the trigger pull pressure super low if your setup is able to do it. The lower your setup pressure, the better tuned everything needs to be. Its a trade off.

You can put a ULT in a classic valve. It also requires that everything be very well tuned because of the lower pressure differential in the classic valve. Because of this you could experience some bolt stick issues if things aren't tuned to perfection.

big poppa fluff
04-15-2010, 02:20 PM
You can put a ULT in a classic valve. It also requires that everything be very well tuned because of the lower pressure differential in the classic valve. Because of this you could experience some bolt stick issues if things aren't tuned to perfection.
When you say "well Tuned" what will I have to tune?

athomas
04-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Well tuned typically relates to level 10. Anything that inhibits the smooth return of the trigger mechanism will affect it as well.

big poppa fluff
04-15-2010, 04:23 PM
I gotcha! havent got the level 10 yet, what am I saying I haven't got anything yet. This is all going on a old school mircomag. I'm putting a old school mag double trigger on the stock micromag frame. And then building a pneu-frame from scratch. I may get another ULE body and rail and make a total separate gun it depends on how well the stock frame with the double trigger does.