PDA

View Full Version : Question about ReTro valve power tubes.

Jacobd
04-15-2010, 12:14 PM
I have a Retro valve on which the whole power tube likes to unscrew when you try to take the power tube tip off, what should I do to seal it on? is there some sort of rubber seal? or should I just use some locktight?
Thanks in advance.

flyingpootang
04-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Red Loctite 272 for a more permanent seal or 242 for a removable by tool type thread lock

Jacobd
04-15-2010, 09:01 PM
So I should be able to just dab some blue locktight on it and that'll be fine? that's what I was thinking in the first place just wanted to see if there was anything special I needed to do.

AutomagSniper
04-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Really I wouldn't see what would be so wrong with a light strip of teflon tape. That would hold it down just enough.

But before you loctite it I would ask (I don't know myself) if the powertube tip should be doing that. There could be something else wrong in the marker that's causing it to unscrew...Just a thought!

flyingpootang
04-15-2010, 11:23 PM
If the o-ring is in good condition than just a dab will do. If not jut a thin line/enough to go around the threads. IIRC AGD used a thread locker and laser welded them shut on some valves. I wouldn't worry about it unscrewing since it's very common to see on RT and Emag valve....

Jacobd
04-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Yeah there isn't an oring on this valve so I'll try the blue locktight.

I did try teflon tape and while that sealed it it didn't hold it on and keep it from unscrewing.
It doesn't unscrew while shooting, it unscrews when you try to take the power tube tip off.
Thanks for the help guys.

flyingpootang
04-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Blue 242 should be sufficient, just be sure to check it every now and then. Since there is a lot of hammering going on with the bolt Teflon tape would be a bad idea is it started to un-screw...