PDA

View Full Version : Gauging interest

Magnus
04-16-2010, 07:20 AM
I have had some request to do AKA and Cocker parts. I am not very familiar with either of the markets but I have had enough people ask about them to at least start to think about it. I am not looking to do anything crazy, most likely converting the Talon and Sabre trigger designs into AKA versions with bearings. Maybe a small run of delrin e1 triggers too.

I have also had people asking about custom milling AKA bodies. That sounds pretty neat, but would take some doing.

How many people would be interested in things like this?

cougar20th
04-16-2010, 07:21 AM
Flame milled viking & excal bodies?

Magnus
04-16-2010, 07:28 AM
Flame milled viking & excal bodies?

That was quick. Do you mean like the Kapp flame autococker bodies?

cougar20th
04-16-2010, 07:50 AM
Yup exactly. Always been fond of stuff with flames on it. Probably from growing up around muscle cars & hotrods.

mpsd
04-16-2010, 09:23 AM
I don't know much about AKAs and Cockers, even having 4 cockers myself but what I do know is that the Elia milled AKA bodies are very expensive, light and good looking (way better than the regular bulky AKA bodies, I think).

If you could come up with something under those lines, I believe that you should have a good market, depending on the price/affordability, of course.

Someday I'll get myself an AKA gun and when I do so, I'll look for either an Elia one or maybe something you could build.

:cheers:

going_home
04-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Do a hybrid sleeper mag pneu frame.
I keep looking at the M90 but I'm just not a vert frame fan.
Something between the 90 and 45 would be nice.

;)

ProblemKinder
04-20-2010, 12:11 AM
Do a hybrid sleeper mag pneu frame.
I keep looking at the M90 but I'm just not a vert frame fan.
Something between the 90 and 45 would be nice.

;)

vert frame FTW! :D

or better yet, Y-Frame! :ninja:

SSP REAPER
04-20-2010, 06:59 AM
E2 triggers also?

Smoothice
04-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Yup exactly. Always been fond of stuff with flames on it. Probably from growing up around muscle cars & hotrods.

I think AKA's are pretty butt ugly. BUT if a flame milled one was an option. I may be interested. I do love me some flames.

behemoth
04-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Just do triggers. Destructive Customs is the place to be for AKA bodies.