PDA

View Full Version : LP Blowback Gun Project

HyperSnyper
02-07-2002, 05:06 AM
Hey Guys,

I know this is a Mag forum, but Im sure there are many of you that may have experience with these guns and be able to help me.

When my Spyder was my main gun, I had an obsession to get it as low pressure as possible. There was one Piranha owner in general that was ablke to get his Fishy down to 180 psi at 280 fps. "Chem-War" was his name. I tried to catch him with a Spyder version, best I could do with my Spyder was 200 psi at 250 fps. I had consistency problems at this low a pressure, I wasnt able to isolate the problem to the spring combo, regulator, weight of my assembly, or just the pressure. I scrapped the project very shortly since a week later, I got my first Mag.

I want to revive the project since my Mag mods are majorily complete. What I want to do is to lighten the entire assembly again. Before, I just drilled large holes in the bolt and Hammer to remove metal to lighten the assembly.

I want to really gut the weight out of the assembly in a very aggressive manner. Used a grinder to remove all excessive metal.

Does anyone know for sure the adverse effects of lightening the assembly on a blowback. Long ago on the Spyder forums, the issue was not having enough inertia to force the valve open. Chem war told me to lighten up the valve spring as much as possible to compensate.

I know all of you are thinking "why are you going so damn low?" This will NEVER be my main marker on the field, but is a side project until I find something new to do to my Micro.

Just wanted to know everyones thoughts.

-Hyper