PDA

View Full Version : AIR valve with R/T on/off Troubles

MFM-70
04-16-2010, 06:41 PM
All,
I have tried everything to get a R/T on / off valve to work in my mag.
Took .015 off the pin.
I put the special o ring in and now it seems starved for air.
http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=195&categoryID=24
When i pull the trigger 3 quick times I get massive shootdown until the 3rd shot only has a puff. (Not short stroking here)

I put in my original on/off and no probs.

Would love to get this dialed in for the lighter trigger pull.

Any help?

MFM-70
04-19-2010, 09:55 AM
I ground another .010 off the pin making it .730" OAL.
It has improved this condition, but it still seems different from the original on/off.
Will still get eventuall shootdown with the R/T but not with the original.
I am very careful not to short stroke during my tests.

Any help with this?

xero28
04-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Using the quad o-ring essentially makes the pin longer. Since the quad ring is more square than round, it moves the "activation" spot a little bit lower. That's the reason the EMag pins are .715, not .750 like the normal RT pin. Have you tried using the normal o-ring in the on/off? If not, try switching them out to verify that it is in fact the quad ring causing the issues. Then, if you want to continue using the quad you will probably have to take a little bit more off the pin.

Spider-TW
04-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Make sure you have the "credit card gap" between the back of your trigger and the trigger rod. It can give you some of the same problems.

However, on a Classic valve with RT on/off and quad oring, I found .725 (4?) the longest pin it would not shoot down with. Iirc, I have the .715 (4?) pin in there now. It's been a while since I messed with it. :argh:

MFM-70
04-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Make sure you have the "credit card gap" between the back of your trigger and the trigger rod. It can give you some of the same problems.

However, on a Classic valve with RT on/off and quad oring, I found .725 (4?) the longest pin it would not shoot down with. Iirc, I have the .715 (4?) pin in there now. It's been a while since I messed with it. :argh:

Thanks both!
I will take my pin down by .005 increments until I achieve the desired result.

Thank You