PDA

View Full Version : Problem with mounting LPR on Vert asa

sslecyk03
04-17-2010, 08:09 PM
I realized after I drilled the hole in the front of my vert asa that it goes right through the path of one of the screws that holds the asa on. With the LPR screwed in this hole there is very little meat for that screw to grip into now which is creating a problem for me. Anybody else run into this problem?

reckid1986
04-17-2010, 08:18 PM
cut your screw down and thread tape it, or drill and tap into the lpr and still thread tape the screw. ive done it both ways and it works just the same. if you drill the lpr make sure you take it apart before hand so no metal shavings get in it.

sslecyk03
04-17-2010, 08:28 PM
cut your screw down and thread tape it, or drill and tap into the lpr and still thread tape the screw. ive done it both ways and it works just the same. if you drill the lpr make sure you take it apart before hand so no metal shavings get in it.

Ok that is what I figured. The top few rows of thread are stripped on my VA so I always relied on screwing it all the way in. I guess I'll need to tap through the LPR. Thanks!

reckid1986
04-18-2010, 12:31 PM
just make sure you dont close off the the lpr you will probably have to trim a few threads off the screw, it may take a few times of trial and error to get it sealed up good but it will work.