PDA

View Full Version : What's The Problem Here!?! Tac One Issues...

AutomagSniper
04-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Ok, so I have an update on my leaky Tac One. Here's what I've done:

1. Fully inspected, cleaned, and oiled my ULT On/Off.

2. Put two drops of oil into my macroline fitting attached to the valve

3. Aired up the marker via macroline to another fitting on a CP On/Off ASA. I'm using a Ninja Paintball 48c.i./4,500p.s.i. tank filled to around 4,000p.s.i.

Here's what happened:

1. The marker has a slight leak, the best way to describe the area where it's leaking is somewhere directly above the field strip screw. That's just the general area where it is.

2. I pulled the trigger, the marker fires but the leak gets a little bigger for a while. Eventually if I hold the trigger back a while the leak slows down and becomes less noticeable but it's still there.

3. Letting go of the trigger brings me to the slight leak described in #1.

I repeated that around 6 or 7 times just to confirm that it's consistent. Please note, my Level 10 isn't tuned at all (the parts are on the way) and the ULT was used when I bought it and I never fired the marker with the ULE so I don't know if it fired when I bought it. I'm just checking to see what you guys think the problem is.

From what I understand it has to be an o-ring in the on/off correct? The on/off should be sealing both before and after firing, meaning if there was a problem it would leak both before and after firing. Correct? I don't think it's a regulator, bolt or powertube issue because of the area of the leak but I could be wrong.

Tunaman
04-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Replace the large oring on the outside of the on/off(on/off bottom)

ghost flanker
04-18-2010, 06:17 PM
Do you still have the original on/off? If so, swap the on/offs and see if that makes a difference... and if there is, then you know that the ULT needs a new o-ring somewhere.

However, the area of the leak you are describing makes me wonder if the Regulator Body O-Ring (the big, fat o-ring that seals the two halves of the Valve Body together) might be the culprit. I assume you have a parts kit with an extra reg body oring. Try swapping that out as well to see if that helps.

AutomagSniper
04-19-2010, 12:12 AM
My parts kit is on the way, and thank you TunaMan for the info. Is there anything else I should try?