PDA

View Full Version : About detents...

Loneassassin
04-18-2010, 10:14 PM
So I was playing with my Mag today, shooting people left and right game after game :shooting: , when all of a sudden she started behaving like a shotgun - shooting 3-4 balls at a time and then pieces of paintballs. Which was not very effective unless I got really close. :rofl:

So after that game I removed my detent and found that there was no ball anymore, lol. Is this a common occurance with AGD detents? It is a stock AGD detent that comes on the RT ULE - and I thought it was pretty new. (When I bought the gun, it didn't show any sign that it had ever been played with.)

Anyway, should I look for a better detent to replace it, or was this just a freak occurance and I'll get by with another AGD one?

Frizzle Fry
04-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Is this a common occurance with AGD detents?

There's a reason the sell them in 5 packs on the AGD site.

I actually like AGD detents; I use them on my Angel too. Some people like adjustable and rebuildables, but I'd rather just buy new ones of decent quality. All detents die; different markers put different wear on them and it's a common enough problem for rebuildables to exist. Unless you feel the need to be "unique" with colored detents, you'd do best just ordering a 5 pack for cheap.

skyless
04-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Carefull how far you tighten your detents. It's easy to torque them in too far and then your bolt hits more of the detent as it passes by or the hits metal part the detent, killing it quickly. Detents don't hold up against direct bolt hits for very long. I tighten mine untill the detent orings just touch the body, but I use dual detents so maybe they don't need to be in as far to be effictive. I use stock agd detents, can't really complain cause they are pretty cheap. I have one set of rpg detents and they function jus the same but I worry about breaking them cause I don't have a rebuild kit.

TwilightG
04-19-2010, 07:37 AM
the AGD detents usually come w/ 2 o-rings (when you purchase them new) use the thicker of the two o-rings.

I think the thinner o-ring is for tac-one bodies only.
... oh yeah, don't over-tighten them either. ;) You don't need to squish the o-ring

reckid1986
04-19-2010, 02:45 PM
yeah ive chopped 2 agd detents in my last couple outings, good thing i had the ones that came with my slug body when i got it. i just ordered 2 of the cp ones off ansgear to keep as spares until my karta body gets back to me. i will be sending both my ule bodies in to luke to get the second detent hole done soon, hopefully that will stop my halo from pushing past one detent.

Loneassassin
04-20-2010, 08:11 AM
the AGD detents usually come w/ 2 o-rings (when you purchase them new) use the thicker of the two o-rings.

I think the thinner o-ring is for tac-one bodies only.
... oh yeah, don't over-tighten them either. ;) You don't need to squish the o-ring

Yeah, I might have had it in too far. Next one I get I'll just screw it in far enough to work.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!