PDA

View Full Version : Warp issue - 9volt lead brok

snowman
04-19-2010, 08:43 AM
I also posted this on the warpfeed thread, but that thing is so big, I didn't know if people still read that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so I was putting my new battery on and one of the leads (red one) came off of the connector to the battery. When I opened up the plastic a bit to look, the whole lead broke off. I was thinking of taking this in to Radio Shack to see if there was anything they could do. Should I looke for a whole new 9volt connector and leads or just get a whole new board?

I'm not technically savy (that is with boards and sodering) but I would think there's a simpler way to fix this.

Ando
04-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Go to radioshack and pick up a 5 pack of 9v connectors. Take it to someone you know that has the capabilities of cutting the old 9v connector off the warp, stripping the plastic sleeve of those wires and expose about 1/4in of naked wire. Get a new 9v connector and twist tie your wires together (yes colors need to be matching). Last but not least, get some black tape and individually tap them up, you should be back in business.

Edit: I would find a person that has shrink tubing and a soldering iron. The shrink tube to make everything look nice and soldering iron to make a permanent bond between the wires(superglue will work too). ;)