PDA

View Full Version : Reality based living

Lohman446
04-19-2010, 10:42 AM
If a conservative does not like guns, he does not buy one.
If a liberal does not like guns he demands they be outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian he does not eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian he wants all meat products banned.

If a conservative is down and out he looks for a way to better his situation.
A liberal wonders who will take care of him.

If a conservative does not like a talk show he changes the channel
A liberal demands the show be shut down.

If a conservative doesn't beleive in God(s) he does not go to church.
A liberal demands all mention of God(s) be silenced.

If a conservative is homosexual he lives his life.
A liberal demands that respect be legislated to him.

If a conservative reads this he will see the truth in it and laugh.
A liberal will see the truth and demand it be silenced.

vf-xx
04-19-2010, 11:06 AM
:eek: :eek:

I demand a BANHAMMER!!!

;)

Though, I think you can take the politics out of it and replace: Conservative with responsible person, and it makes it just as true.

Not sure how you'd replace 'liberal' but maybe with: Mooch.

warbeak2099
04-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Eh conservatives demand just as much from everyone else as liberals. They get just as whiny, obnoxious, and annoying. I can't stand either of them. It's either "I want to control your money" or "I want to control your morality". To hell with them both, I'd like to see some viable independent candidates in the future.

Fred
04-19-2010, 12:06 PM
I'd rephrase your comments into:
"I earned my money, I can better choose to do with it than you who didn't earn it"

and

"I don't want you forcing your moral relativism on me, i have my own morality that I'm perfectly capable of living by without your need to interpret it" ... conservative people (note little c) generally want to be left alone.

maniacmechanic
04-19-2010, 04:10 PM
"I earned my money, I can better choose to do with it than you who didn't earn it"

and

"I don't want you forcing your moral relativism on me, i have my own morality that I'm perfectly capable of living by without your need to interpret it" ... conservative people (note little c) generally want to be left alone.

you must be as old as I am ( or older ) , those 2 statments make excellent sense , probably sig worthy

warbeak2099
04-20-2010, 05:37 PM

and

Conservative individuals maybe. But political conservatives are just as bad as the libs. They don't want to touch your money so much as they want to be able to shove their moral compass down your throat (gay marriage, abortion, marijuana, etc). That's before they screw an underage hooker or solicit another guy for bathroom sex of course. I'm all for the government leaving me the hell alone beyond affording me the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness and protecting me from anyone infringing on those rights. Unfortunately, neither the GOP or Dems want to let that happen. And the libertarians are just too cultish for my liking. Can we just have a bare bones common sense party that sticks to the Declaration instead of trying to turn the Constitution into a system of values? That or lets start forcing political candidates to take history exams if they apply to run. If they haven't a clue about the principles of our founding fathers, they can take a hike.

Fred
04-20-2010, 05:54 PM
warbeak, sounds to me like you have the same problem I do: Politicians.

maniacmechanic: will be 29 in june. :p

Lohman446
04-20-2010, 07:43 PM
I think warbreak and Fred have the right idea. The problem is the politicians themselves, or the parties, or a combination there of. Rather than voting for common sense they immediatly go with the party line. Its annoying. No one party platform is right for everyone, nor is either one right most of the time. The fact is both parties (and those that follow the lines of the parties) are delusional.

Fred
04-21-2010, 04:25 PM
I dream of the day when our elected officials actually SERVE the populace instead of themselves...

SCpoloRicker
04-21-2010, 06:08 PM

See, we agree on more than you might think. :)