PDA

View Full Version : I’m finally back in the Mag game!

p8ntballin007
04-20-2010, 02:30 PM
After 6 years of constantly kicking myself for selling my Emag, I’ve built its replacement. :dance: It still needs a little bit of tuning, but its pretty much ready to go for the season.

Thanks to:
Morocomole- Lowers
Leloup- AA Back
KC- ULE body
Lohman446- Emag Valve
The rest was either from Actionvillage or DoroSports

Now for the fun stuff.
http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae309/rreines/Emag%20Project/IMG_2251.jpg
http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae309/rreines/Emag%20Project/IMG_2252.jpg
I can finally wear this hat again and not be a "poser"
http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae309/rreines/Emag%20Project/IMG_5067.jpg

Future plans include: upgraded software (if anyone still does it), Anno, and possibly laser engraving. But that won't happen till the next off season.

And one of the whole family... all two of them
http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae309/rreines/Emag%20Project/Paintball/IMG_2255.jpg

Stop over and say hi if you see me at Badlandz

georgeyew
04-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Looks very nice. Report back after you've played with it and let us know if it shot as good as you remembered.

:clap: :clap:

sjrtk
04-20-2010, 05:31 PM
Welcome back.

etjoyride
04-21-2010, 09:52 AM
looks like fun! welcome back to the fold

this makes me excited to re-do my mag when i get back stateside, hmmm...e-lowers...

p8ntballin007
06-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Holy Thread Resurection!! Thought I'd get that in there before someone else does.

Anyway, as promised I have the Emags first feild report:

Finally got out over the weekend for the first time this year. Some friends and I went to Commando Paintball Sports, near Abrams, WI. And as expected, it was a blast!! The refs were great, and even let us go out on our own a few times. I was completely supprised about how well this thing worked from the get go. I litereally put the peices together, filled the air tank, put just 3 shots over the chrono (all of which were about 5 under the feild limit), and headed out to the feild. Fast!!! OMG fast! Ripped through a hopper in the first few seconds and needed to remember how to reload while shooting. Evidently the Stiffi Tip really cuts down the volume when you find yourself on the business end of this thing. I got a lot of people from a distance, who looked like they didn't know where the shots were coming from. My father in law said the only way to tell where the shots were coming from was to see the smoke/steam/cloud coming out of the barrel (it was a very humid day). I got a lot of the standard weird looks from people in the staging area, mostly the "WTF is that" look that accompanies Automags. 3 broken skin hits, 4 baseball sized welts, 0 broken balls, and a sense that every penny spent was well worth it, made for one amazing weekend. Even got to hang out with a 10 year old on his first outing, he took a couple of hits directly to the chest like a champ.

Next step- Carbon Fiber tank instead of the Steel thats on there now, and a faster loader.

All in all- I = :dance:

Seth1784
06-07-2010, 01:34 PM
very nice, mag looks damn sharp... glad it shot well for you too hahahah. was it pretty costly to build?

too i get the same looks when i break out the rt pro. i've had refs tell me "rarely see any of these things running around" most of the time i go out.

p8ntballin007
06-07-2010, 03:44 PM
very nice, mag looks damn sharp... glad it shot well for you too hahahah. was it pretty costly to build?

The main components came to close to $600, but cheaper barrels can be had very easily. That stiffi front was rather expensive, but well worth every penny. I did the All American Barrel, because I can interchange the 3 tips I have (14"AA, 12"AA with Apex, and 12" Carbon), which makes it very versitile. I highly recomend doing this.

Seth1784
06-07-2010, 04:29 PM
i've never seen a emag in person honestly, i've often wondered how they compared to the other mags and such... never really taken the time to read up on them though because of sheer cost alone. (seeing how most go pretty high, expecially compared to the rt pro i picked up here lol)

600 in building isn't bad though... barrel wise, i've got two autocockers with the rt soooo i'm set on barrels hahahhahaha.