PDA

View Full Version : 3 Questions from an Old Timer

Strider
04-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Been a while since I've frequented here, but here I am. :)

First - I've got a flatline 3k tank that I'm trying to replace the on/off knob. The old one's locking screw is (I suspect) seized. At least, I've made a spiral out of my hex key. :eek: Any ideas on loosening or getting that thing out?

Second, one of my flatline regs is kaput. I presume I can replace it with a standard one eh?

Third, what oil is everyone recommending these days for emags? I used to run KC Oil, and liked it quite a bit. I'm down to my last drops though and need to replace it. :) Preferably something easy to get my hands on in Canada...

georgeyew
04-22-2010, 09:56 PM
I can help you out with #3....Superlube Air Tool oil. You should be able to get it easily and a lot cheaper than the paintball specific oils. I use it in my mags.

MFM-70
04-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Been a while since I've frequented here, but here I am. :)

First - I've got a flatline 3k tank that I'm trying to replace the on/off knob. The old one's locking screw is (I suspect) seized. At least, I've made a spiral out of my hex key. :eek: Any ideas on loosening or getting that thing out?

Second, one of my flatline regs is kaput. I presume I can replace it with a standard one eh?

Third, what oil is everyone recommending these days for emags? I used to run KC Oil, and liked it quite a bit. I'm down to my last drops though and need to replace it. :) Preferably something easy to get my hands on in Canada...

Sir,
I work in a machine shop environment so we have challenges getting stuck screws/bolts out all the time. Here is what I would try:

1) Soak the offending screw with WD-40 or Liquid wrench and let it sit overnight.
2) Wipe off any excess oil, get a new wrench and try again. The old wrench, once twisted will probably not be strong enough to torque it out.
3) If it is still stuck, they make screw extractors that you tap in with a hammer and turn the screw out with a wrench on the extractor. (I prefer the spiral style especially on smaller
screws)
4) If this fails, it will need to be drilled out (using one drill size under the recommended tap drill for the thread and then retapped after all of the old screw is out) .

Best Of Luck,
Matt

Spider-TW
04-23-2010, 08:21 AM
The flatline 3k has the same bottle threads as the newer regs, Although when I changed the bottle reg to a ninja 3k, the bottle o-ring was smaller than the o-ring on the ninja. I think crossfire has similar prices (better on trade-ins right now).

You can still get flatline rebuild kits and there is a good rebuild thread about. Let us know if you want it.

Konigballer
04-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Strider, wasn't your sig one of the characters from "Chicken Run"?

Strider
04-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the replies.

So pretty much any air tool oil should do? I checked out my local store today and they only really had one option...

Matt, thanks for the advice! Now that I think of it, a friend should have the tools you mentioned...

Spider-TW, I should have said the Tank Regulator Knob Assembly, not the on/off. It's got a set screw that won't come out.

Konigballer, yes indeed it's the chicken from Chicken Run. Can you see my sig? I thought they killed them all a long time ago...