PDA

View Full Version : Jon is going to New York for some Fun

agdjon
02-07-2002, 12:32 PM
Ok New Yorkers, New Jersians, and Everyone that is close to New York City, I plan on going to New York for some vacation time. I will be leaving Feb 21st (Thursday Night) for some R&R and was wondering if you guys can refer me to some paintball stores (scope out purposes) and some fields (we can go p'ballin). Let me know guys :-)

The Mad Tech

Jon

Load SM5
02-07-2002, 12:36 PM
You need to head down here, Jon. The weather's nicer.

TheBigRaguPB4L
02-07-2002, 12:40 PM
i've been told that the closest best field from the city is my field, paintball long island. i know of top gun in new jersey, that's right by great adventure. there's a small indoor called high velocity, but many many people have told me that it's not very good. some people like it, i wouldn't waste the gas. i know there's a couple upstate, but i don't have any info on them.

cphilip
02-07-2002, 01:32 PM
Love your new sig's Jon. You earned em! :D

Shaft
02-07-2002, 01:35 PM
Jon, you work for AGD. You go to tournies around the nation on company time and have your picture taken with all the ladies.

You don't deserve a vacation!!! Get back to work and shut up!

Siayajin
02-07-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by agdjon
Ok New Yorkers, New Jersians, and Everyone that is close to New York City, I plan on going to New York for some vacation time. I will be leaving Feb 21st (Thursday Night) for some R&R and was wondering if you guys can refer me to some paintball stores (scope out purposes) and some fields (we can go p'ballin). Let me know guys :-)

By that time, Jerry Braun's new field may be open. It's called Advantage Paintball and it's an indoor field on Long Island. The place is huge. 2 10man sized sup air fields or they have the option of dividing it to be 4 5man fields.

Otherwise, if you're in the Jersey area, definitely check out www.topgunpaintball.com They have some decent woods fields and a great speedball park. I'm debating if me and my team will be playing there on the 24th of this month.

TheBigRaguPB4L
02-07-2002, 02:00 PM
yeah that indoor by advantage should be up. of course, 2 months ago, it was going to be up in january. and so forth. it looked pretty decent when i played there. it wasn't completely set up, but i like what they had.

graycie
02-07-2002, 02:28 PM
yes, come down to top gun. i owe you a kick in the pants! if you think of heading down to philly area i take you out for some cheesesteaks.

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
02-07-2002, 02:39 PM
go to top gun or abc paintball ...jon

Tunaman
02-07-2002, 03:14 PM
Jon, I live about 15 minutes from the city. We are going to Top gun on Sunday the 24th. I would be happy to arrange a ride or something. Let me know...

donggie
02-07-2002, 04:27 PM
Jon's coming and says Guys in NY can't play so let's show him a thing or two. Prolly gonna be playing on the 24th at Top Gun. Let's be there.

Don

Mild 7
02-07-2002, 04:33 PM
Man, why did you have to come so damn early. I won't be back from my travel 'till the 24th of Feb. Hopefully you'll still be around.

I live in Queens, NY and I would love to meet the man who took care of my RT for a month and a half on that Intelliframe wait plus some maintainence.

If you're mainly going to be in the vincinity of NYC, I would suggest the following stores:

1. Staten Island Paintball
2727 Arthur Kill Road Staten Island, N.Y. 10309
(718) 227-1400 or (718) 317-0101
They got a 20 acre field as well. This field is
probabily the closest field within the borough.

2. Cousin's Paintball
1157 Hempstead Turnpike Franklin Square, NY 11010
(516) 616-0520
They got a couple of fields (indoor & outdoor) where
Ragu have mentioned, but they're all located far out
in Long Island Expressway. They also have 4 stores in
NYS.

3. Islandpaintball Supplies
770 East Jericho Turnpike, Huntington Station, NY 11746
(631) 423-9086
This store also located in Long Island.

4. Velocity Paintball
235 South Fehr Way
Bay Shore, New York 11706
(631) 242-2096
They got a indoor field as well as a store. This place
is also located in Long Island.

These locations are probabily your best bet if you're going to be staying in the New York City region. I excluded the fields & store at upstate 'cause it's going to be pretty long drive. If you're interested, let me know.

And if I don't get to see you here in NY, I wish you to enjoy your stay in the Empire state.

Butterfingers
02-07-2002, 05:03 PM
you can go to cousins and talk some sense into them they have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to Range, mags, and physics. JKJK

Have fun! I wish I was down there!

ThePatriot
02-07-2002, 05:21 PM
Watch out Jon, them new yawkers can be very shady fellows, they will snatch your paint from you if your not looking...i would know, i am one of them, lol j/k. I do still consider myself a NY'er because everyone yells at me to say water correctly and say Fl - Or - Ida, While i tend to say it flArida...not florida. Stupid floridians, cant even talk right...lol

Siayajin
02-07-2002, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't recomend Staten Island.

Take the extra time to go to Top Gun, it's worth it.

SI Paintball = teh suck

theraidenproject
02-07-2002, 06:38 PM
I also reccomend Top gun. It's my favorite field out of a few I've been to in New Jersey. I will also be there the 24th for my friend's bday. I hope to see you go there, because there will be at least 5 guys that have never played before, so a proper introduction to mags for them would be great, to keep them from the dark side of autocockers (JUST JOKING!!! i like cockers, too, i just like mags better, i dont want to start ANOTHER debate). Have fun in the area, regardless. Dingo Paintball is here in NJ, but I don't know where. I've been meaning to check them out, their website has some cool stuff.

heres the link to top gun on the 24th:
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24390

and here's top gun's website:
http://www.topgunpaintball.com
theres a very interesting story about the legalization of paintball in NJ somewhere in the site

graycie
02-07-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Siayajin
SI Paintball = teh suck

jah, that whole island is teh suck ;)

Rahman
02-07-2002, 09:09 PM
Hey Jon if you wanna check out Paintballistix in Jersey City they run a pretty tight store and they arrange large groups to go out and play on the weekends also I'd have to agree with some of the fellas here Top Gun is anice field as well as Cousin's and paintball depot has some pretty decent woods fields,and you can also go to ABC paintball..I'll post some numbers up for you ...

Gambit1106
02-07-2002, 09:12 PM
Jon,

I'll be out there working that week. I should be out on Long Island and in Parsippany, NJ. I should give you my cell # we can meet up for dinner and some paintball. I'll expense it off on the company. Think they would notice?

Darren

splat11756
02-07-2002, 09:34 PM
see ya soon jon, me and donngie look foward to playing you

Butterfingers
02-08-2002, 01:13 AM
Be sure to check out and pay respect to the WTC site, they have observation stands now. Its a learning experience and a way to show that those lost in the disaster will not be forgotten.

Siayajin
02-08-2002, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by graycie

jah, that whole island is teh suck ;)

gee, thanks.

You're sooo gonna get it the next time i see you... :p

Thordic
02-08-2002, 07:25 AM
Top Gun the 24th, Jon. I still owe you a beer for being retarded and forgetting my rail bushing :)

Toxic Dave
02-08-2002, 09:03 AM
Pinelands Paintball in NJ is always a good experience, very cool staff, very nice set up. The Cousins indoor feild should be open by then, the set up is amazing. Pretty much everything is built now it's up to the lawyers to get the paperwork finished. There are a bunch of pretty good stores in the NY area, there's the cousins chain, great selection, very knowledgeable staff. ABC in NJ is a nice store, Paintballistix is small but a good store too, very well stocked.

The NY/ NY scene is awesome and it's growing all the time, great players and some of the best stores/ fields I've ever been to.

dave/ gzs/ toxic performance

Thordic
02-09-2002, 11:32 PM
Bringing this up so more people show up to hang out with Jon :)

polorboy
02-10-2002, 11:22 AM
Hey Jon, guess what my name is Jon also :D. Anyway.... go about two hours north of NYC to Kingston. Go to HudsonValleyPaintball at 33 Broadway Kingston. Write me an e-mail if you need directions.

agdjon
02-12-2002, 08:14 AM
Graycie,

hmmmmm....cheeeeesssesteaks.... that sounds good :-)

Thordic,

Thanks for the resetting of the post :-)

Polorboy,

defintely stopping by :-)

Mild 7,

Thanks for the listings :-)

Gambit,

email me your cell at [email protected] :-)

Tunaman,

finally get to meet you :-)

Everyone else,

Thanks for the input (you really think I want to sit behind my computer all day and type :) )

and finally
Donngie, Cphilip, Shaft, and Load,

LOSERS!!! *CLICK* (you know where the love is brothers hehehe)

The Agenda (thus far)
I will be arriving Feb 22 late afternoon to early evening.
Saturday
(may still be open not sure yet)
Sunday
TOP GUN WITH CELEBRITY GRAYCIE (YOU CAN COME RIGHT :-) )
I will be there and hopefully so will the rest of ya
Monday - Friday
Unknown but scoping stores so beware :-)

This can change but paintball is definite for the 24th. Will be bringing the semi modded-cougar for this trip :-)

Check ya soon and don't forget to check this for updates :-)

One more thing...How many people are going to be at Top Gun? Basically, if we have a large group, I (or someone) will call Top Gun and see what we can do about a group rate thingie or something :-) Let me know guys

polorboy
02-12-2002, 10:29 AM
Hey Jon, just so you know HudsonValleyPaintball is not open on mondays (because we are still resting from sundays paintball games). Tuesday through Saturday they are open from 10am to about 8pm. Where are you going to be coming from? The reason that I ask is if you use map quest to get directions it points to the wrong place. Some how there are two 33 broadways and two streets called broadway (they are both the same street but seperated). Write me a e-mail at [email protected] and let me know where you are going to be coming from. That way I can give you specific directions to the store.

gmag
02-12-2002, 10:53 AM
Do you know Santos? I believe he owns the store in Kingston. I've played with him a couple times in New Paltz. Do you play with that group? If so, we should get in touch and play together.
~Brett

Chupas2
02-12-2002, 11:19 AM
Jon (the yes sir man),
Hey brother you have to send me a postcard form NY. Also you going to be in LA. Half our team will be there and we're going out. Wondering if you're coming to. We'll get you up in time to work also. Later.

One more thing. Butch said he wants a hug.:rolleyes:

udtseal
02-12-2002, 11:41 AM
SWEET!! Team Blackcell will be there Sunday, the 24th!!! HOO YAH!!! :) :) Cant wait to meet you jon!! And all the other AOer's!

graycie
02-12-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by gmag
Do you know Santos? I believe he owns the store in Kingston.

jah, santos owns the store.

gimp
02-12-2002, 03:50 PM
hmmm, Maybe I'll come down. I think it's like 3 or 4 hours from Troy.

agdjon
02-12-2002, 07:13 PM
Guys & Gals (those living in the area only)

I know the weekend is always good but what is another good day? I may plan on having a "pretty much" party week. Basically, I am going to call a couple of stores (Polorboy get back to me on this please as well) and hold a tech day/party (GOD THIS IS MY VACATION, WHAT AM I DOING). If permitted and approved...you get the picture.

More information to come guys :-)

polorboy
02-12-2002, 09:26 PM
Yeah Gmag, I am Santo's Web Master. Are you there on sundays? I am always with the big guy, chet.

Thordic
02-13-2002, 12:43 AM
Hmm.. as for any discounts, talk to Tunaman or Graycie to work that out, they both know Ray.

As for the rest of the week, I'm always at the bar on thursday nights, and usually friday and saturday nights too. :-) If you have an open night, feel free to come along.

graycie
02-13-2002, 01:20 AM
if i remember correctly if you bring a group, meaning 20 people its 25pp + whatever you need to rent and paint. you get your own reff, and whatever fields the open class/other private groups aren't using.

Tunaman mentioned his "team rate" i don't know how well glenn/ray would take his team all of sudden being 15 or so people.

paint is fpo, not sure how much it is nowadays.
the pro-shop is open wed-sun
1-800-top-gun1
http://www.topgunpaintball.com

i've been told there is some kind of team scrimmage going on that day, this may put a limitation on the speedball fields availability.

Thordic
02-13-2002, 07:34 AM
Team rate is $12 to play (which is retarded, it saves you $8 in the summer, but you have $2 MORE in the winter), still $10 for air, and $73 a case instead of $80.

Thats the rate we get, anyway. Various people may get better deals when they know him longer.

TG is more money than a lot of local fields, but the quality of the fields, the players, and the emplyees is ten times better than any other field, in my opinion. The refs at Top Gun are the best refs I have had at any field, period. Players are a good mix of newbies and more experienced players. So anyone who in the area who is considering making the trip but has never played at Top Gun, make the extra effort, its worth it :)

agdjon
02-13-2002, 09:34 AM
Do we currently know how many may be at Top Gun from our group? Let me know asap as I will call Top Gun and see if I can get a better rate for us. Also, keep your eyes open for the posting of Jon is going to New York for some fun Part 2!!!!. There will be a huge AO party coming up and arrangements are being made for it as I type. hopefully I will have this info tonight and everyone that is going to TOP GUN is invited

More details to come :D

Hexis
02-13-2002, 09:51 AM
Sounds like you had a little too much fun:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/02/13/newyork.hit.run.ap/index.html

;)

Thordic
02-13-2002, 10:09 AM
Current Attendee List:

Thordic
Riotz
UDTSEAL
Spacemanspiff
JohnBMX
Tunaman
Graycie
johnagd
torment
donggie
splat11756

Siayajin and Quiet Storm?
tunaman jr?
theraidenproject and possibly up to 20 friends?
John from Delaware.net?

If you are on that list, please confirm or say no for Jon here :) So far that seems to be 11 definites and a whole lotta maybes.

graycie
02-13-2002, 11:25 AM
i think quiet storm gets their own deal for entry and stuff....not positive...

Thordic
02-13-2002, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I figured. Just listing everyone who is supposed to show up :)

Actually, I think that my team is getting a deal on paint that day as well. Jon, PM or email Tunaman about this before you call.

theraidenproject
02-13-2002, 12:28 PM
my friend moved his party to the next weekend b/c nobody could come, 'cept me and two others. I would say I have an 80%+ of coming, anyway, but i would bet $ on being able to. I am in the process of trying to find one or two friends to come with me.

donggie
02-13-2002, 12:34 PM
Does anyone know how we might be able to get a discount on the paint or air at Top Gun... Kinda tight in the cash department right now but I'll be there regardless.

Don

agdjon
02-13-2002, 12:35 PM
Raidenproject,

You have to go!!!! :D The whole weekend is going to be one huge party and I sure as heck won't be getting any sleep what so ever just cause i leave thrusday night and by friday I have to prepare :-) hehehe

Tunaman
02-13-2002, 03:18 PM
Shall I figure around 20 cases?

Tunaman
02-13-2002, 03:35 PM
OK...I have a call into Ray. We will straighten this paint thing all out tomorrow!:D

Thordic
02-13-2002, 03:43 PM
I'm going to say go ahead and mark our team down for 5 cases, I assume the price was what you quoted me this weekend? We'll probably get 5 cases anyway, just checking :)

torment
02-13-2002, 05:12 PM
i spoke to siayajin the other night and he said that if the weather is decent him and Quiet Storm will be there. he's a cool guy, gonna let me and my lil bro jump in a few games with them. i'm trying to get my gf to come again but if she does, i might have to leave early :(

rpm07
02-13-2002, 06:34 PM
Count me in I will be there I just need to know what time I never played at Top Gun so I dont know what time to be there. Just let me know.
[email protected]

Tunaman
02-13-2002, 07:00 PM
Early bird plays more games and doesn't have to stand in line...I am there at 8:00 when they open.:D

rpm07
02-13-2002, 07:04 PM
Sounds good I will be there at 8:00 am

graycie
02-13-2002, 08:51 PM
i usually get there around 9:30 ish

agdjon
02-14-2002, 08:24 AM
Based on the current calculations, and the possibility of actually having 20 people, 1 case per person should (techinically) be enough but I never get restricted to one case hehe. Ok, If the price is right, count me in for 2 cases. (with the possibility of buying more)

As for the time frame, I will be there between 8:00 and 10:00 am (need to drive from New York) but hopefully around 8:00 as I want to get as many games in as I can. (chicago is a bit too cold to play). This is definite regardless of rain or shine. (if it rains, I will be there, but will probably do repair work instead of play depending on how muddy or persistant everyone is)

There will be a new thread starting soon about the OFFICIAL AO party.

Siayajin
02-14-2002, 09:01 AM
Depending on the weather, we'll be there around 9ish or so.

We'd be there earlier, but I gots to eat.

agdjon
02-14-2002, 09:42 AM
Here is the link everyone

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25755

Ahh screw the weather, if the mail men/women can do it, so can we :D

Siayajin
02-14-2002, 09:59 AM
eh, I suppose.

But unlike the mail folks, I'm not too fond of toting any of my guns in inclement weather.

Tunaman
02-14-2002, 08:10 PM
up for AGDJON!:D

Tunaman
02-15-2002, 06:23 PM
I talked to Glenn at Top Gun and we have made a deal on the paint. Everyone who is going to be there and purchase paint can Email me and I will know exactly how many cases. WE MUST PURCHASE 20 CASES to get the deal. My Son and I will take 4 right off the top so we need to confirm at least 16 more cases. I am not going to blab the price...so just email me for the details.

Thordic
02-18-2002, 07:26 AM
Bringing this up for everyone to see...

Also, a note. Conditions and permission withstanding, we were thinking of bringing along a hibachi or two, and cooking up some hamburgers and hotdogs after we're done playing. We're going to call and make sure they don't mind first :)

agdjon
02-19-2002, 08:32 AM
hot dogs and hamburgers are great. Is beer allowed after playing is over? Hopefully it is. If it is, I will bring 2 cases of MGD (cans of course) Someone let me know so that I will be prepared. Someone may need to remind me of this on Friday :-)

Jon

WHO IS NUMBER 1???

udtseal
02-19-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by agdjon

WHO IS NUMBER 1???

ME!!!!! haha no, YOU are!!!! No no...YOU are!!! No! YOU ARE!!!! *wackyness insues...!* :D

and oh, i hope it dosent rain sunday. :confused:

Thordic
02-19-2002, 09:31 PM
If they let us cook the food, I say we just bring the beer and if they say anything, we just say "oops"

Also, to add to the attractions, sunday after we play will the the official testing time of my potato guns :)

graycie
02-20-2002, 08:32 AM
i'm pretty sure alcohol isn't allowed. call glenn to make sure its ok, instead of acting like a dumbarse.

agdjon
02-20-2002, 08:59 AM
Yeah most fields don't allow alcohol but alcohol is ok if you are completely done playing. I will bring it anyway but at the sign of trouble, it goes right back into the trunk of the car :D

Thanks Graycie :)

Thordic
02-20-2002, 10:45 AM
We are giving Glenn another call today at some point. We'll get it sorted out.

graycie
02-20-2002, 04:11 PM
i was top gun today and glenn wasn't there, that slacker ;)
he'll definitely be in tomorrow.

agdjon
02-20-2002, 04:52 PM
Ok guys, you asked for it and now the dream is close to coming true. I will be doing a presentation on the new 4500 PSI air system that will be released very shortly (i would say 2 weeks). If you come to the event, you will see them as well as be able to place a pre-order too :)

The clock is ticking ...

cya guys then

Jon

Riotz
02-20-2002, 05:18 PM
How many confirmed people are going?
How many confirmed cases of paint?

Weather outlook looks like rain, hopefully we can beat it again and it will be a nice day.

Beer? Eh...

Potato gun shooting afterwards also? :D

Should be a good time. =]

udtseal
02-20-2002, 07:57 PM
rain outlook looks clear actually. Partly cloudy, 52 degrees www.weather.com says

graycie
02-20-2002, 08:42 PM
weather.com blows a donkey hoof, i check local news and msnbc.com

msnbc.com says mostly sunny and 47

Riotz
02-20-2002, 09:09 PM
Mostly sunny, partly cloudy... Is there a differnce? :p

MantisMag
02-21-2002, 05:13 AM
partly cloudy is warmer than mostly sunny? hmmmmmm.

udtseal
02-21-2002, 05:58 AM
partly sunny mostly cloudy high of 47 low of 52, 90% chance of showers with a 50% chance of clearness.....:confused:

MantisMag
02-21-2002, 09:34 AM
LMAO. bright and cloudy. clear rainy skies. high lows, low highs. the weatherman is doing naughty things with a donkey hoof. it's a beautiful day in new jersey!

TheBigRaguPB4L
02-21-2002, 10:53 AM
weather people. only job i know of that you could be wrong half the time and still get paid mroe that ALOT of people.

Riotz
02-21-2002, 11:51 AM
I just talked to one of the people at TG, not Glenn, I forget who it was. He said that there isn't a problem if we have a BBQ after hours. He said they have designated places for it. The only thing they do not want on the lot is drinking. He doesn't want us to crack open a can of beer with little kids around durring business hours. Then he said something about after hours. Not sure what he meant.

So if you are going to bring beer, you may be able to drink it after hours if the minors are gone. We'll see.

But the BBQ is good, bring your hibachis and food! =]

udtseal
02-21-2002, 11:59 AM
yeah im not a drinker anyways so it dosent effect me! :) Who is bringing what food? we gotta work something out here for that.

Riotz
02-21-2002, 01:25 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26579

splat11756
02-21-2002, 10:11 PM
ok, where are we all going to meet up to start the day off?