PDA

View Full Version : New Ninja Reg

Soonersdds
04-24-2010, 06:23 PM
So I swapped out my old reg for a new Ninja Ultralight and when I got to the field today it just would not take a fill. I would connect it to the fill nipple (like I have done hundreds of times before) and when I hit the button to fill it, the gauge on the reg went right to 3000, and then right back down to zero. Almost like no air was even going into the bottle. Any suggestions?

DevilMan
04-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Call Ninja first thing Monday AM would be the best bet.

DM

Swamp Thing
04-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Back out the feed nipple like a half turn. May have been overtightened

Swamp

DevilMan
04-24-2010, 08:39 PM
Back out the feed nipple like a half turn. May have been overtightened

Swamp

Considered that, but if that were the case, there should be no air at all into the reg. It's feeding into the reg, but not into the tank. I could be that, depending on the type of fill nipple though. Just didn't figure it'd be worth the hassle if it was new, I'd call Ninja about it.

DM

Soonersdds
04-24-2010, 09:59 PM
It's one of the mini fill nipples, when the tech at the field looked at it he started swearing about how he hated those and said to send it back to the factory. Just didn't want to deal with the shipping if anyone knew something simple that could keep me from it.

Ando
04-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Here....

http://www.ninjapaintball.com/Documents/Ctrl_Hyperlink/NINJA_OWNERS_MANUAL_FEB_2009_uid3420091220092.pdf

Pull it apart. I bet ya $100 there's something installed incorrectly. One thing you might want to do is make sure the fill nipple is in the proper port and not in one of the burst disk ports. You might have it in the 1800 psi burst disk port. I bet thoes Nina regs have a built in ck valves so air is constantly flowing forward not backwards into the tank.

SSP REAPER
04-25-2010, 06:01 AM
Here....

http://www.ninjapaintball.com/Documents/Ctrl_Hyperlink/NINJA_OWNERS_MANUAL_FEB_2009_uid3420091220092.pdf

Pull it apart. I bet ya $100 there's something installed incorrectly. One thing you might want to do is make sure the fill nipple is in the proper port and not in one of the burst disk ports. You might have it in the 1800 psi burst disk port. I bet thoes Nina regs have a built in ck valves so air is constantly flowing forward not backwards into the tank.
They usually do and you have to remove the little metal plug before you install the regulator. SheiK over on BEO has a ninja tank and that's what happened to him. We pulled it apart at BigEvil's house and listened the rattle in the tank and went.... "Hmmmmm, that shouldn't be in there". Luckily his popped out when he filled it once, but it is a common problem.

Soonersdds
04-25-2010, 10:06 AM
Little metal plug, not seeing that on the parts diagram? about to pull it apart today to make sure something wasn't installed incorrectly, I had them shim it for me at the factory to run on my mags, maybe something went back in the wrong way.

Shane-O-Mac
04-26-2010, 04:00 PM
It is the fill nipple like several other have told you. When your filling and it goes to 3000psi, that just the pressure in the line. Take the fill nipple off and check that its ok in there (o-ring may be jammed/stuck/whatever), and reassemble.

Spider-TW
04-26-2010, 10:48 PM
It is the fill nipple like several other have told you. When your filling and it goes to 3000psi, that just the pressure in the line. Take the fill nipple off and check that its ok in there (o-ring may be jammed/stuck/whatever), and reassemble.
In their maintenance video they say you should be able to hear the check valve rattle without any pressure on it. If not, you have the nipple in too far and the check "piston" can't open. I'm wondering if you can get it to seal after you loosen it up. Ninja tape I guess.