PDA

View Full Version : emag problem (rail position, sear stick)

Tombola
04-26-2010, 07:09 AM
hi. i have a problem with my emag. when the sits fixed in its position (with screw an bushing) the sear is not moving up far enough during the shot, which causes that the bolt is not released. it seems that the sear is sticking somewhere.

when i slightly move the rail everything is fine, but when i fix it the sear sticks.

i guess i have to adjust the length of the rod that comes out of the noid, but i read that i should never do that.

do you have any other suggestions?

Ando
04-26-2010, 07:29 AM
If your not comfortable doing it don't. You'll destroy your sear, bolt, solenoid or a combination of the 3 if not set right. Send it to Tuna.

OPBN
04-26-2010, 07:56 AM
Not to hijack, but in the Tolerance thread, it says Solenoid Plunger Rod length is 3.005", obviously, this is measuring from the bottom of the plunger to the hinge in the arm where the rod is attached to the sear right?

Ando
04-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Yes, you are correct and it can be adj to 3.020 max per the X-Mod instructions. I've used that pdf like no other and hasn't steered me wrong yet.

EDIT:
vvvvvv That man is right. I just read OPBN question wrong. It's from end to end

maniacmechanic
04-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Not to hijack, but in the Tolerance thread, it says Solenoid Plunger Rod length is 3.005", obviously, this is measuring from the bottom of the plunger to the hinge in the arm where the rod is attached to the sear right?

I allways understood that this measurement was from the tip of the plunger to the back of the clevis ( the 2 farthest points )

Tombola
04-27-2010, 08:15 AM
thanks alot to everyone. that was the first time i assembled my emag and shot it. bought it in parts. now i understand why everybody loves the hybridmode!!!

oh baby, this thing is so cool

:dance: :headbang: :dance: :headbang: :dance: :headbang: :dance:

:cheers: