PDA

View Full Version : Pneumag trigger rod question

Bigwooly1013
04-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Okay so when i made my 1st pneumag frame i followed the Cyberave Guide pretty much too the letter. However in alot of pictures i have noticed that other people don't drill down from the top front of the trigger frame they just simply drill a horizontal hole straight back behind the trigger to where they want the rod to hit the msv-2.

Are there any known upsides or downsides to either method?

I'm getting ready to do my second pneu'd intelliframe. This time however it's my wife's frame which the anno on the Frame is almost flawless and i really don't want to mess it up any more than necessary.

the horizontal method seems as though the drilling and frame damage would be much more minimal and also like i could use the same hole in the front of the frame to access the trigger stops much easier.

however i'm absolutely trilled with the performance so far out of mine which as i said was done by the original Cyberave guide over one BEO(don't know if it's original or not but the images work over there :p ).

Loguzzzzzz
04-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Unless you happen to have a very small right angle drive drill and a very short drill bit there is no real way to drill these holes without going through the trigger guard.

Other than that there is no real advantage or disadvantage to either location. I have done both with similar results. After you drill the hole you can take a very small "Sharpie" and color the raw aluminum to make it less noticeable.

Glad you are happy with your pneumag, I love them and shoot one as my main marker!

:cheers:

mag79
04-28-2010, 10:15 AM
I have all the drill bits and tools you need,

pm me the details on sat game

MANN
04-28-2010, 02:12 PM
There are tools that allow you to drill through without screwing up the trigger guard. Maybe I am a perfectionist, but I hate a nice marker with a random hole drilled in it. I know I have one, and I am pretty sure mag79 has one.

Loguzzzzzz
04-28-2010, 02:30 PM
That was kind of the point in my statement. I happen to have the tools as well but not every one does. His main question which neither of you bothered to answer was what the real difference was with the function of one vs. the other.

Either way, if one of you guys loan him the tools to accomplish this all the better for Bigwooly1013.

Word to the wise, make sure you don't drill the hole where the trigger stop is located or else one will defeat the other.

:cool:
:cheers:

mag79
04-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Someone actually posted before I did about the difference he had encountered but he removed his post.

The difference is almost unnoticeable if any.

With the trigger rod positioned like it is in Cyber's guide, the weight of the rod would keep it down against the msv-2. The rods don’t weigh a thing so it shouldn't be enough to actuate the lever. If it affected the trigger return a magnet mod would fix that problem.

With the rod in a horizontal position, the weight of the rod would be supported by the frame and not the msv lever. This should give you better trigger return as there is no resistance on the rod.

It just might be personal preference by the end user, trigger stop sets screws and magnet mods would increase performance in both applications.

Ando
04-28-2010, 03:18 PM
There are tools that allow you to drill through without screwing up the trigger guard. Maybe I am a perfectionist, but I hate a nice marker with a random hole drilled in it. I know I have one, and I am pretty sure mag79 has one.
Agree on the screwing up the trigger guard with a useless hole.

I have a setup just like this one. Worked wonderfully on one of my setups.
http://cgi.ebay.com/90-Degree-Drill-Adapter-Aircraft-Aviation-Tools-/200463572576?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eac8f5e60

Bigwooly1013
04-29-2010, 08:24 AM
sweet thanks folks

so no functional difference.

I would love to not have to drill a hole in the front of her frame if avoidable. Seeing as it was in pristine condition when i got it and the only marks on it i put there because i tried to use and allen wrench and a hammer to take the trigger out :facepalm: Here's a picture of her gun (http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg54/bigwooly_2008/two%20mags/MamaCassMag.jpg) i'm currently still trying to work out a blue j&j edge tip for it. I have a lead on one locally.

mag79 you have one of the 90° drill kits?

Also the game sat may be off if the forecast calls for morning thunderstorms. I'll keep you posted though

Bigwooly1013
04-29-2010, 08:26 AM
oh and sorry this should have probably been in the tech forum. I'm bad at posting things in the right place.