PDA

View Full Version : triggersear sticking

big poppa fluff
04-28-2010, 03:55 PM
I got micromag w/a emag valve, intelli-frame...blabla, anyway the trigger sear will stick sometimes and i have to beat the back of the gun to fix it. I can pull the trigger it shoots but it doesn't come back forward unless i beat it, and when its stuck, it leaks out the barrel. Does it need to be oiled or hit with a large hammer? :confused:

maniacmechanic
04-28-2010, 03:58 PM
bolt stick

om3n
04-28-2010, 03:58 PM
bolt stick

good luck... I've been battling bolt stick on my x-mag for quite a while now.

big poppa fluff
04-28-2010, 04:45 PM
good luck... I've been battling bolt stick on my x-mag for quite a while now.
I thought bolt stick was when the bolt would stick forward, shows how much I know and I've owned mags off and on for the last 5 years :tard:

Ando
04-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Are you running a lvl 10?

Is your bolt spring flush with the bolt?

If you hold the trigger down does it still leak?

When the maker is aired up. Do you have a gap between the trigger and sear arm?

big poppa fluff
04-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Are you running a lvl 10?

Is your bolt spring flush with the bolt?

If you hold the trigger down does it still leak?

When the maker is aired up. Do you have a gap between the trigger and sear arm?
1.no
2.yes
3.no
4.yes
I going to go through the gun again. I might have missed something.

VailSkibum
04-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Try loosening your grip frame screws a little bit. Both the valve field strip and the grip-to-body one. Start with 'EASY hand tight' and air up your marker, then see if it fires.

Ando
04-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Change your spring out for right now. Your spring should be a good 1/4 in pass the tip of the bolt. The spring you have in it now is worn out. The springs are a consumable item, they need to be replace every once in a while.

Don't toss the spring. They're still good for pump setups. ;)

If it's still leaking out the front with the bolt fully reset you might also have a PT oring issue.

If it's still not resetting right follow VailSkibum instructions.

athomas
04-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Yes, bolt stick. Try a new spring first. That seems to be suspect. Usually, even a worn spring will cause the bolt to reset. The fact that it is not, would indicate a powertube spacer that is too short.

When it sticks, does it continue to leak for ever, or does it eventually stop? Leaking forever would indicate an on-off top oring that is bad or has a piece of dirt caught in it. If it eventually stops, then it is definately the powertube oring that is causing the problem.

big poppa fluff
04-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Found the problem, somehow the brass screw thingy that holds in the powertube was loose. So I took a penny a tightened it down. Gun shoots fine. Now all I need is a level 10 and a adj. tank.

Thanks to all the Mag-Guru's out there. :cheers:

athomas
04-29-2010, 05:52 AM
Yes, that would cause the oring to sit too far forward, the same problem as a spacer that was too short. Glad to hear you got it working.