PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Paint Prices

Aslan
04-29-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm from Michigan but may be moving to Illinois (Kankakee area) this month. Based on some other threads in here, I've gotten the impression that the paint prices at most of the Illinois fields may be higher than what I'm used to. Just thought I'd get a feel (from AO-ILers and Western AO-INers) about what types of fields may be in the area and what type of paint prices to expect.

So, what fields are nearby the Kankakee area?

And, what are the prices at the fields? Entry, Air, Paint?

I try to play outback and other BYOP sessions when I can, just because I can get paint at $40/case and pay little to nothing else other than gas/food. The downside to outback is air supply (not the group). So I also often play at a local field that has $20/day, all-day air, $60/case for paint. More costly (double), but a good field, good refs, and unlimited air supply (not the group).

tribalman
04-30-2010, 04:36 AM
Welcome to the home state of AGD!

these are the fields that are still open that i know about and have played at. There is http://www.thebadlandz.com/OPENPLAY2010.htm the badlandz in Crete that i go to. BYOP and LOTS of fields. hyper, speed, forest. plus they do "Crazy huge games" cause "Big Games" are owned by Paintball Sams in Wisconsin. player base is mostly the agg kids. they claim the field has a bps cap of 10.3 or something, but the last time i was there it wasn't enacted yet and there was lots of overshooting going on. haven't had the time to go out there for a while now.

also near you that i know if is Chicagoland Paintball. i do NOT recommend going there. paint is 90 a case plus the last 2 times i've gone there the refs haven't cared for safety at all. one time the crono was broken so they said to just guess. they aren't too far from BBT (sister company or maybe parent company of badlandz) so there was no excuse to get a handheld or something. last time a player was caught 3 times shooting at over 400fps before they finally kicked him out after my friend and i protested about letting him play. usually there aren't even refs on the field, it's up to the players to pick the teams and start the game. plus something is in the turf that dyes stuff black. a pair of shoes are still black from there, now they are forced retired to be paintball only shoes.

an hour and a half away is Fox, i've only been there once so i don't really want to judge them off that. seemed ok. i think they have a BYOP under some conditions now. they do a lot of mini-scenarios. they care more about woods over speed. many woods, 2 speed fields when i was there. i haven't had a chance to play one of their scenarios. seeing as how many they have each month it can't be a bad time. http://www.foxpaintball.com/

about an hour from you is CPX. it is field paint only. fields are fun. the town of Bedlam is excellent! also wastelands which is a big field filled with cars, trucks, vans, etc. Armageddon is a destroyed town. cpx is the host to Living Legends this year and was host to 2 of the 3 Shatnerballs. if you want to play any of their other fields than bedlam or Armageddon it can take a while. they will make 3 calls, then you have to crono, then head out to the field. can take a while before you actually play. as for bedlam and geddon you just walk over, get in line and wait until the current game is over before you can play. there are always games going on these fields. pretty much play, refill on paint and queue up. you can probably get about 4 games in an hour just playing bedlam. http://www.cpxsports.com/ i haven't had an issue with the refs too much, mostly just them not checking hydro on tanks when filling. you will always get the speech before games about keeping the masks on, barrel blockers, etc. they also like to throw in that earlier in the day "someone was caught using non-field paint and was kicked out. make sure you are only using field paint." i have never seen anybody using non-field paint each time i've heard this. :rofl:

AnthonyDStone
05-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Paintball Sams Never Owned "Big Game" As a TM.Paint Ball Sams(as it was spelled due to the original sams in CA)Is Now Closed and Breakaway Paintball has Replaced it(Much Better).

As for $20 All day air,THAT is rediculous.You're looking at relatively similar prices on paint in Illinois,But your all day air should only be $5-10.So you might actually be getting a price break by moving!

Anyhow!Good luck with the move!

www.breakawaypaintball.com

Tony :cheers:

Aslan
05-03-2010, 10:58 PM
I've heard about Fox. That looks decent. And I guess there's a field "Realms of Ruin" (or something like that) that is nearby the area I'm moving to. It doesn't look too fancy, but it's close by.