PDA

View Full Version : Trejectory

soilent green
02-07-2002, 02:16 PM
I want to know if a gun affects trejectory or if only velocity say mag at 280fps and cocker at 280fps I have heard it both ways what is true

soilent green
02-07-2002, 02:20 PM
hey do you also know how much accuracy is effected by velocity I know it is to some degree but how much

MAGS own YOU
02-07-2002, 07:08 PM
When a paintgun gets turned up over 300fps, the velocity is affected. I see alot of curves and more chops. Ive gotten the velocity up to 384 before it started leaking.

Redkey
02-07-2002, 07:53 PM
Once the ball leaves the barrel at 280 fps it's on its own in the world of physics and has no idea what kind of gun launched it. Unless, of course, the ball has the proper back spin... then it will tend to fly a bit further.

The accuracy can be affected by velocity. Although accuracy is also affected by the type of paint, weight of paint, if the paint is round or dimpled , type of barrel, size of barrel (length or diameter), paint or oil in your barrel, firing pressures, wind, rain, etc... every gun is different.

Jack

soilent green
02-08-2002, 01:37 PM
I was also wondering about deceleration of the ball assuming that no forces other than the air burst and gravity were affecting the ball it would always be a constant rate of deceleration right? And there for it wouldn't matter whether a cocker or a mag shot it the trejectory would be the same assuming that the starting velocity was equal know another question why does it seem that my buddies blackmagic shoots so much flater and straighter at 250fps my mag performs much better at 300fps while his cocker seems relativly the same

hitech
02-08-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by soilent green
... why does it seem that my buddies blackmagic shoots so much flater and straighter at 250fps my mag performs much better at 300fps while his cocker seems relativly the same

Spin. Some setups start to induce spin when the velocity exceeds a certain amount. Also, remember that you are going on your impression of how they all shoot. You haven't actually mapped the trejectories, have you?

hitmanng
02-10-2002, 08:38 PM
Actually the flatline barrel does not change3 the range of the shot only the tragectory and deceleration. You can get the same distance with an arch as the flatline attains. That is if there are no trees in the way. The flatline flatens the tragectory but the backspin has another side effect. The ball slows down in flight. At the ent of its flight it actually just drops to the ground. If you have ever stood at the end of a flatlines range you will find not many balls break and I have even heard stories that people have caught paintballs.
Hitmanng
Slayer of sacred cows.

Wat
02-10-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by soilent green
it would always be a constant rate of deceleration right?

The rate isn't constant as air resistance is related to velocity. But you're right, the air resistance effects paintballs from cockers and mags and angels and talons the same. It has no idea how much your gun cost, it treats them all the same. Its equal opportunity.

And just a note, many people think accuracy = flat trajectory. Accuracy is being able to hit what you want and you get this with precision - being able to consistantly shoot the same way.