PDA

View Full Version : Sydarm specific leak

fhawkeye
05-02-2010, 07:34 PM
The leak is bubbling where the 12gram chamber meets the body. Would anyone know if this is due to a faulty seal? or if I would really have to spot weld the gap...

Ando
05-03-2010, 07:11 AM
Is it coming out of the weld? There are packings on the Co2 adapter as well as on the valve it self. Inspect and replace them accordingly.

fhawkeye
05-03-2010, 10:03 PM
right, the 2-orings on the 12gram adapter and the 2 o-rings on the valve seem fine. The leak is coming from the seam between the co2 chamber and the housing on the outside of the marker right next to where that pinhole is that allows co2 flow into the valve.

It's a very slow "bubbly" sounding leak.

edit: messing around with some 12 grams, the leak goes away after a few minutes with enough pressure to dry-fire about 10 shots before shoot-down. Could there be like a temperature... factor... having something to do with this? maybe a thin area of the weld retracts enough to leak for a little bit then expands again when the co2 has a chance to warm up a little?

If the o-rings were faulty I dont think it would cause a leak here thats why I jump to science class.