PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure this is a simple fix...

DeuceSV
05-02-2010, 07:51 PM
But I just bought a ULE mag from AGD directly, and it worked amazing right out of the box as I suspected it would. Played all day, with only ONE problem during ONE game, where the trigger pin went limp even though the air was fully engaged with no leaks. I unscrewed my tank, screwed it back in, and it was good to go.

I have a ULE on/off in the Xvalve.

I removed the Xvalve to clean the body and rail after the day of play, put everything back together, dropped I think 3 drops of the gun oil that came with it from AGD into the asa, screwed in the tank, and then it had the same problem. The air would engage the trigger pin, but I'd pull the trigger and it was like there wasn't enough pressure to get the on/off to fire or something.

So now I can engage the air, I hear the mag "gas-up" like it should, but when I pull the trigger the mag doesn't fire. Any ideas?

OPBN
05-02-2010, 09:10 PM
How much air do you have? Sounds like your tank is low.

reckid1986
05-02-2010, 09:30 PM
it could be the lvl 10 is just a tad too tight on the carrier, or maybe the trigger rod is a hair too short. I would mess with the lvl 10 before the trigger rod though. Oil it up real good and dry fire it a bunch of times, lots of oil tends to fix a mag most of the time.

DeuceSV
05-02-2010, 11:24 PM
The lvl 10 might be the problem. The bolt feels a little tight when slipping it onto the valve. What do I oil in order to fix that?

DevilMan
05-02-2010, 11:49 PM
The lvl 10 might be the problem. The bolt feels a little tight when slipping it onto the valve. What do I oil in order to fix that?

Well you should break it in first... a case maybe... should be more than enough. But, if the bolt is tight on the powertube, you should change out the carrier/shims to make loose enough that if you put the bolt onto the PT, and turn it over to where the bolt COULD fall off that it don't. But if you shake it 1 time a quick hmmm... snap? then the bolt falls off (make sure and catch it, or do it over something soft) that is about the right tension.

DM

DeuceSV
05-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Weird that it worked the whole day until I removed the Xvalve and cleaned some paint off the bolt and spring and replaced it.

Okay, so switch to different carrier, blast some more oil through it, take it to the field, blast some paint through it, and then maybe try switching back to the one the factory shipped it to me with?

Thanks Devil!

DevilMan
05-03-2010, 01:13 AM
no after you get the oring broken in, just leave it alone....

:D

Someone else will chime in...

DM

stonersr26
05-03-2010, 04:23 AM
It could also be the tension on the screws. The fact that it worked fine until you pulled it off and then put it back on says two possibilities. The Level X is still breaking in like everyone has said or when you put the field strip screw back in it was either too tight or too loose. Some mags like to be tight others like it loose, you just need to be mindful of it and find which one your mag likes. Definitely keep breaking in your Level X though, once that is done the gun will smooth up and become much more consistent and responsive.

athomas
05-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Remove all the shims first. I hate them in the level 10 setups. They can induce leaks when you are trying to tune.

Use the largest carrier that does not leak. Always use the same white carrier oring when you change carriers. The carriers have different inside diameters and change the tension of the oring on the bolt stem, which is why it is important to use the same oring each time.

kcombs9
05-03-2010, 11:08 AM
iv had this happen too, it seemed to be more a tank/asa problem, where the tank would get out of place and the pin on my on/off asa would not compress the reg pin to let air into the gun. or the on/off would back out some and close the reg pin.

just my .02

DeuceSV
05-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks everyone, I will tinker this afternoon and post about the outcome.

DeuceSV
05-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Well it WAS a simple fix!

I loosened the field-strip screw just a little bit, to where I could turn it with a bit of effort with my fingers, gassed it up, and it was perfect. Interestingly enough, I was worried that since it was loose it might loosen up during a game and cause problems, but gassing up the marker actually tightens and hold the field-strip screw in place.

THANKS everyone!