PDA

View Full Version : What is that? (warpfeed)

Aslan
05-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Ever since I started using a warpfeed on my minimag, it never ceases to amaze me at how dumbfounded other paintballers are when they see it.

I think it most often gets confused for some type of "airfeed" because of the hose.

The last 2 times I played, out of about 50 people total, only 1 had ever seen a warpfeed and he said he "saw it on the internet".

Thus far it's worked great. My only issues have been forgetting to turn it on or forgetting to turn the Revy on that feeds it. :rolleyes:

So any other warp users out there that get a similar reaction when you show up with the warp? Or am I just with an over newbtastical group of players?

leloup
05-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Last time I played was the first time I used my warp, and I had similar reactions to yours. Most people ask what it is, and why would I want it. Loads of fun to play with it, though.

gunman_2000
05-03-2010, 01:50 PM
I just rigged mine up yesterday and tried it out. Boss kept asking me "does it work", so started shooting, and sure enough it works like a charm. Can't wait to actually take it to a field and play with it.

Shirow
05-03-2010, 01:52 PM
I don't use mine anymore but when I did, people would ask about it constantly.

Schven79
05-03-2010, 02:06 PM
People thought my Mag was a PL shocker! :rolleyes: My field is nothing but agg kids. I like to play with Mags and cockers just to throw them off.

I also kinda want a warp feed just for the stares. :p

Dayspring
05-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Many moons ago, when Team Black Cell was still around, we played a tournament at Skirmish USA.

Every gun of ours was warped, and that's what we became known for that day - people were constantly looking at them. And this was back in the AO hey-day.

sjrtk
05-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Had my warp mounted on my classic RT for a while at Picasso Lake's game in Feb. The few guy with mags and "old timers" recognized it. The new kids and some of the younger guys were confused to say the least. Several couldn't figure out how it was actually supposed to work.

WUNDERWAFFEN
05-03-2010, 06:55 PM
"Hey is that a hamster wheel?"

OPBN
05-03-2010, 07:03 PM
I have yet to see one being used on any field that I have played at. Until recently, I was one of the few Mags that I ever saw. The past event, out of probably 3-400 people, I would guestimate there were maybe 10 in attendance. None warped. My brother runs a Qloader and gets similiar reactions.

vf-xx
05-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I get the same thing.

It's fun to go play with my brother who also has a warped mag. Soon a friend of ours will have one, so we can all go out warped. ;D

Hobbez
05-03-2010, 08:04 PM
I get the same thing here with my classic that has a "no hose" Q-loader setup on it. I've played 3 diff fields since I moved here and all 3 days were a day full of points, whispers and "what the hell is that?" I love it.

vf-xx
05-03-2010, 08:19 PM
I get the same thing here with my classic that has a "no hose" Q-loader setup on it. I've played 3 diff fields since I moved here and all 3 days were a day full of points, whispers and "what the hell is that?" I love it.

Picts? that sounds... Interesting...

ProblemKinder
05-04-2010, 12:30 AM
ive never seen a warp feed or a qloader in person. I've played mostly at paintball charleston and the field near san diego.

om3n
05-04-2010, 12:43 AM
I owned a qloader for a while, hated it. I saw a warp in person when I was about 12, and I thought it was the sickest thing in the world. I still think they are pretty cool, but not practical for every occasion. One day I will own one..

esperto96
05-04-2010, 07:22 AM
I've had the qloader and the warp and sold both. I couldn't stand the qloader and won't be looking back. I always have nagging doubts about selling the warp feed though. Sometimes I wish I still had it. Maybe I'll get another one someday.

What I would really like would be a single unit, mounted centerline under the gun box mag that was essentially hopper and warp all in a single unit. Something like Warwitch's TM-15 box mag but mounted to an automag would be nice. Awe gee. Now I really miss my warp. :(

I too would get the "what is that?" about the warp. It's an attention getter.

DoubleDutch
05-04-2010, 01:17 PM
I played with my warped E-Mag this weekend at the local scenario game, and got a lot of looks and comments. I have the warp set close and behind the grip, with an eggy angled over the air-through stock for a center-balanced setup (with remote hose), so at least I didn't get any "OMG that must be so off-balance" that I used to get with the more traditional warp setup. I did get a "hey how do you like that Mini" comment, I stole a quote I saw on here once and answered something to the effect of "this ain't no mini, a maxi maybe".

Watcher
05-04-2010, 03:33 PM
My RT Pro is nearly permanently warp-fed. Most people think it is vaccuum powered, for some reason, and the most common question next to "what is that?" is "How do you switch hands?".

Usually they think it is stupid, lame, heavy (despite that I tell them the gun itself is heavy... the warp only adds a pound), inconvinient, more to get hit, or just uncomfortable.
I tell them that I like it, and that's all that matters.

Then they play against me all thinking that I am at a disadvantage. They shoot at me, I take cover while aiming, shoot out of my cover, and they can't figure out how they got out :rofl:

I've actually had times where someone sees me running, shoots at me, I take cover behind a brick but peek over the top (valve even with my nose), and they literally turn to look at someone else or shoot at another person and ignore me for that fatal half second when they thought I was just head-checking...

I love using it because the results are so unexpected. Half of the people I shoot around a corner or through a window or over a bunker don't know what happened the first time. Then they get timid and when they see me they hammer me.

It's a lot of fun, but I only use it on my Automag. I still prefer Vert on my T2 and I use the Cyclone feed on my 98. All my other guns are SC...

Hobbez
05-04-2010, 08:11 PM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s242/psovivian/DSC01932.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s242/psovivian/DSC01930.jpg

not the greatest of pics, but you can see what I've done. I've since cut the feed neck, did some painting and changed to oxide black screws, but dont have new pics yet.

vf-xx
05-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Oooh, Me likey.

Any chance I could convince you to make another bracket?

Hobbez
05-05-2010, 06:14 AM
The bracket was the easy part, its just the long slotted Q-loader bracket from the fancy mounting kit cut down lengthwise (to clear my hand) with a few holes drilled through it. The part that was a pain for me was drilling and tapping the rail.

M98Punk
05-05-2010, 12:54 PM
That is a very nice Q-set up... I've heard that you can also use one of lukes metal elbows do do something similar.... I've been thinking about doing that with my micro.... when I get my Q-pods back

maglover666
05-10-2010, 04:50 PM
i know what you mean, ive had kids ask me about my xmag and they would ask " why is you invert mini so big" and nobody knows what a fep quest is either.

bound for glory
05-17-2010, 02:41 AM
i am mag-less at the moment, but i'm thinking of starting a emag or pneumag piece togeather project. and the one thing that is a must(besides the gun itself ;) ) is a warp. this old man would'nt go on a field without one. they work. :shooting: