PDA

View Full Version : Emag problem

Sniper Steve
05-09-2010, 05:14 PM
To start I have an emag with level 10 and x valve. Recently at Supergame 39, one day it worked fine on the Electronic setting and the next day I had to switch to the mechanical setting. The board just wont seem to power up. At first it would kind of go off and on, and sometimes I would get some lights on the screen but now nothing at all. While at the game the only thing I had to do to it was adjust the trigger when I cleaned it and it seemed like sometimes after that it wouldn't always fire like the magnent wasn't working. I have had the battery checked by a local battery shop and they say it is wokring great, I have checked all the connections and they all seem to be intact. Any help or direction to help would be appreciated, I fear that I may need a new board but I want to make sure before I try to go and get a new one. If there is someone who is good with mags and trusted here that i can trust to send it to I will. Please any help is appreciated. Also will AGD work on these still if needed? Thanks

Ando
05-09-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm willing to bet you have a bad ground. You'll see a screw securing the board to the grip. Pull the screw out and run a tap (4-40 or 6-32) through it or scrape as many of the threads with a sharp metal object like a scribe or a SS wire brush, you're basically cleaning the corrosion out.

Reinstall the screw and see what you get. You might have to mess with the magnet after you're done since you adjusted it.

What test did the battery place do? Did they do a load test?

Sniper Steve
05-09-2010, 10:23 PM
I tried cleaning the ground connection but that didn't fix the problem. The battery place did a life test and a load test, but I still think it might be the battery because when i move the connections around on the pegs sometimes I get the board to light up for a split second. I might just need a different battery to test to see if the board will light up with a different battery. Hopefully I can find someone close to use their battery.

athomas
05-10-2010, 06:11 AM
Make sure your trigger magnet isn't adjusted too close to the HES. The board won't boot if the magnet is activating the HES.

Sniper Steve
05-10-2010, 07:41 PM
Make sure your trigger magnet isn't adjusted too close to the HES. The board won't boot if the magnet is activating the HES.

It is working! Thank you so much I didn't know that can happen and it all makes sense now. Thank you so much

GVMV
05-10-2010, 08:19 PM
It is working! Thank you so much I didn't know that can happen and it all makes sense now. Thank you so much

All your fault, you had to clean the paint out of there on Sat. :P

Slat

Sniper Steve
05-10-2010, 09:29 PM
All your fault, you had to clean the paint out of there on Sat. :P

Slat

yup I look like a fool now but at least I am not spending a ton of money on a new board or some expensive repair!