PDA

View Full Version : EMag Valve problems (VIDEO)

greystone
05-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Having some issues with my EMag valved mag. It has Level 10 installed. Currently has no shims and smallest carrier for troubleshooting purposes. All new o-rings, directly from AGD.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2VIk9e_-QVw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2VIk9e_-QVw&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I have checked and replaced the on/off o-rings multiple times now.

Thank you for any help you might offer.

Tunaman
05-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Is the trigger rod touching the back of the trigger when gassed up? Looks like it from here. It needs to have a small gap. Have you changed the small oring inside of the on/off?

Ando
05-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Adj your trigger rod like Tuna suggested. You should have a .010-.015 gap, about the thickness of a credit card. By not having a gap, you're not allowing the on/off to fully reset and seal. It'll more then likely fix all your problems. :cheers:

greystone
05-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the fast responses.

Although the video doesn't show it, I just double-checked there is a credit-card sized gap between the pin and the back of the trigger when the marker is gassed up.

When you say small o-ring inside the on/off, are you referring to the little white teflon o-ring in the top? If so, yes.

Coralis
05-12-2010, 09:42 PM
no i think he means the little black buna oring between the two halves of on/off

Ando
05-12-2010, 10:11 PM
There's a pic of it. #19
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/5427/xvalveexplodedff7.gif

OPBN
05-12-2010, 10:44 PM
On/off pin length?

greystone
05-13-2010, 01:50 AM
I took the on/off back apart again, checked all the o-rings, oiled them, and backed in the trigger pin a bit, it's a slightly larger gap than a credit card.

Leaks are gone!

I have a new issue. When firing, it will now sometimes double-fire, other times it wont reset fully. What should I check for next?

05-13-2010, 07:44 AM
Have you tuned the LV X, largest carrier that doesnt leak with the same oring?
also check frame screw tightness

greystone
05-13-2010, 03:33 PM
I tried a different tank today without changing anything (one with a much faster recharge rate) and it helped with a lot of the issues I'm having.

It also has ULE trigger setup, currently with 2 shims.

As of today, with the different tank, I can get much longer strings of shots before it will lock up and not reset. Last night, it was freezing or double firing every 3-4 pulls, now its every 15-20 before an issues arises. Getting better. I dry-fired an entire tank's worth of air, hoping to break things in, and unfortunately the small leak in the on/off area has came back, although intermittently. It seems as if when the problem occurs, it will either leak, or freeze.

There is zero leak down the barrel.

Both frame screws are moderately tight. The front is solid but not cranked down, and the rear is finger-tight.

I noticed that if I wiggle or press on the valve, when the leak happens, the leak will increase and decrease.

XM15
05-13-2010, 04:56 PM
My mag did the same thing with the ULT in it. I would suggest if you have a RT on/off try installing that. Once I went back to the RT on/off the gun functioned perfectly. If the same happens for you then you know it all has to do with the ULT in some way.

Ando
05-13-2010, 04:56 PM
You have your rail bushing in?

theGOLDENchild
05-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Try going 1/8 to 1/4 turn past finger tight on the rear thumb screw. That's how I run mine and it has always worked great.

greystone
05-14-2010, 02:42 AM
You have your rail bushing in?

Yes.