PDA

View Full Version : Turning X-Valve into a Classic...

Jaan
05-12-2010, 08:03 PM
I got an X-valve with level 10 and ULT. For the most part she's reliable but not quite as reliable as my classics.

So if I wanted to make this valve as simple and as reliable as possible...

...I'd replace the ULT with what? Is there a "stock" on/off for an X-valve?

...take the level 10 out and put in a level 7 bolt. Is it as simple as it sounds?

Thanks!

sjrtk
05-12-2010, 08:14 PM
The level 7 is pretty much as easy as you think if you have a spacer kit and level 7 parts(i know obvious). I guess the "stock on/off" would be the R/T on/off.

Ando
05-12-2010, 09:03 PM
What issues are you having? We can probably talk you through them.

Jaan
05-14-2010, 03:11 AM
Well, for one thing tuning the ULT has been a bit tricky so far. The valve went into a new stainless, black twist lock body and the most shims I can put in the on/off is 6 before the on/off sticks out too far to fit into the body. Any less than 6 shims and she starts to chuff and shoot down big time. I don't really care all that much about the trigger being light, I shot a classic 'Mag with single trigger for 15 years. This gun has an Intelliframe and the trigger's actually been a bit too light for my taste.

The level 10 hasen't been too much of a problem, she's just not that sensitive...she does occasionally chop paint. Any more sensitive however and she doesn't shoot well.

I like simple though. That's the beauty of 'Mags. If I wanted something I'd have to tune I'd get an Autococker :D

I think I just have to shoot her more. I usually play pump so she's only been out a couple of times. She's funny though, she shoots like a dream and then barks at me at the weirdest times.