PDA

View Full Version : bolt stick on a level 10

Sniper Steve
05-14-2010, 12:01 AM
I recently aquired a new automag with a level 10 and x valve, changed out the trigger frame but that is all I changed. it seems to fire ok sometimes but occasionally the bolt will stick and I have to push it back with my finger so it can fire again. I am open to imput, I have tried several different springs, lube in various places and a different bumper washer. with no real luck, the bumper washer change seemed to help a little. I am thinking it has to do with the level ten but not sure what direction to go with it. Any suggestions would help greatly. Thanks

Tunaman
05-14-2010, 06:29 AM
put the AGD frame back on and see it it works

Sniper Steve
05-14-2010, 09:38 PM
put the AGD frame back on and see it it works

I have tried the agd frame again and it is still sticking, sometimes it will go into almost a full auto then stick.

Ando
05-15-2010, 04:33 AM
Does it happen when your trying to rapid fire? You might be short stroking it. This is not a electro. Practice....practice....practice....on the trigger. You have to fully let the sear catch or your going to run into this issue constantly.

If it's doing it willy-nilly then you might just be experiencing bolt stick. Go down a carrier size and try again. Also ck your sear and bolt face. Make sure they aren't worn.

El Camino
05-15-2010, 05:07 AM
Not sure, I'm trying to learn this myself, but if you crank down (over tighten) on field strip screw, will it not cause bolt stick??

fishmishin
05-15-2010, 06:29 AM
Not sure, I'm trying to learn this myself, but if you crank down (over tighten) on field strip screw, will it not cause bolt stick??

Well yeah kinda, but your setup would have to be way out of tolerance for that to be a real issue I would think. On this one I am going to have to agree with Ando, got to a smaller carrier. Also you mentioned changing the grip frame, check out the front frame screw. If you over tighten it you can throw everything out of whack, once again this pertains to being out of tolerance.

Sniper Steve
05-19-2010, 07:31 PM
finally figured it out, after about 4 hours of tinkering on the level 10, I used an identical spacer out of another level 10 kit i had and now I think I have it working pretty well, still a little bit of velocity swing and I am still geting some bolt stick but that is usally at very low psi on the air tank. So at this point I think it is fixed. Thanks for everyones help learned a lot.