PDA

View Full Version : RT PRO air leak

tidwell
05-14-2010, 07:57 PM
I have a rt pro that has a major air leak down the barrel. The on/off pin was broke so i replaced it and put a new oring kit in it. It leak when i pull the trigger and it won't reset if i push the bolt with a squegee it stops until i pull the trigger. Any advice i'm lost.

athomas
05-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Sounds like bolt stick. Are you using a level 10 bolt or a level 7 bolt?

tidwell
05-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Sounds like bolt stick. Are you using a level 10 bolt or a level 7 bolt?
level 7

athomas
05-16-2010, 06:41 AM
Use a longer powertube spacer.

Does your valve use two orings on the on-off top or just one? A missing or bad oring could prevent the bolt from resetting and would cause a constant leak until the bolt was reset.

tidwell
05-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Use a longer powertube spacer.

Does your valve use two orings on the on-off top or just one? A missing or bad oring could prevent the bolt from resetting and would cause a constant leak until the bolt was reset.
I tried a .220, .230, and a .235 and did'nt stop. It has one oring on the outside and one inside. replaced both still nothing.

athomas
05-16-2010, 05:11 PM
1) When it sits ready to fire with the bolt fully reset, does it leak?
2) Does it leak when you fire and hold the trigger in?
3) Does the bolt not fully reset when you fire?
4) Is your rail bushing in place?
5) What generation is your RT Pro? (When you look into the on-off hole, is it flat or does it have an indentation for an oring?)

tidwell
05-16-2010, 07:12 PM
1) When it sits ready to fire with the bolt fully reset, does it leak?
2) Does it leak when you fire and hold the trigger in?
3) Does the bolt not fully reset when you fire?
4) Is your rail bushing in place?
5) What generation is your RT Pro? (When you look into the on-off hole, is it flat or does it have an indentation for an oring?)
1) NO
2) Yes
3) It doesn't reset after one shot unless i push it with a squeegee
4) It is in place
5) not sure. it has a oring in it

athomas
05-16-2010, 07:23 PM
2) Yes
5) not sure. it has a oring in itLeaking when you hold the trigger would indicate a bad oring above the on-off top. If it has the indentation in the on-off hole that holds a single oring, then you can't use the two orings above the on-off top. A single small urethane oring sits in that indentation. No other orings are used above the on-off top. It sounds like that single oring is leaking.

tidwell
05-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Leaking when you hold the trigger would indicate a bad oring above the on-off top. If it has the indentation in the on-off hole that holds a single oring, then you can't use the two orings above the on-off top. A single small urethane oring sits in that indentation. No other orings are used above the on-off top. It sounds like that single oring is leaking.
I changed the small oring and the pressure was just under 600 turned it up now shoots great. Thanks for all the help.